Can't Install iPC OSX86 10.5.6 anymore

justin.f

1 post in this topic

this is my problem.

i first formatted my drive to fat32 put the dvd in and i was able to get to this screen

post-395717-1237844246_thumb.jpg

here, my partition's were greyed out and wasent sure if i wanted to create a new partition, afraid i was going to lose my files on my other partition.

so i did some research on the forums and i came across id=af. seeing how i thought it was necessary to do before installing i did it and did everything exactly as it said to do. rebooted and booted from the dvd. and now i get the gray apple screen with the circle and line through it.

i have the kalyway 10.5.2 dvd and i can still get to disk utilities. i would like to use the ipc osx86 10.5.6 dvd just for the fact that it is the most current os x. but if there is no work around to get ipc working again im just gonna use kalyway 10.5.2.

if there is no major fixes in 10.5.6 compared to 10.5.2 can someone help me out with what to do at the disk utility screen in kalyway 10.5.2. i really do not know what to do here and i do not want lose those files that i have on my other partition. any kind of help of help is much appreciated.

Asus M2A-VM

Onboard Graphics ATI Radeon x1250

a realtek audio device but im using an m-audio delta 44 soundcard for audio production

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+

40GB IDE for Windows XP x64

IDE LG DVD burner

150GB SATA partition (FAT32) into 2 one for files and one for os x