LED Cinema Display (24 flat panel)

melm25

32 posts in this topic

I'm wondering this as well, doesn't seem there is an adaptor that goes from a DVI female to Mini Display Port Male. Would installing the Apple GT120 or 4870 in a hackintosh work? Specifically the GT120, I've looked around the forum and didn't see anybody talking about wether this was possible.

The GT120 available from your local Apple Store will work. I got one for my nephew to add to his MP dual Nehalem that came with one so he could rum more monitors. It will work in a Hackintosh - we tried it on mine and the system recognizes it as a GE Force 9500GT. Be aware, however, that this card has only 2 outputs- DVI-D and Mini Display

post-560169-1275054416_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the GT120 graphics card in my Hackintosh to drive a Cinema Display.  It worked right out of the box, no problems, drivers correct and everything. 

Only problem I have is that it won't boot with the displays USB cable plugged in.  I have to let the computer boot up, and then plug in the cable.  Once the cable is plugged in, the speakers, etc on the display work.  

The problem (and I've seen other people with this as well) is that many motherboards won't boot up with the cinema display's usb cable plugged in.  It hangs the BIOS.  I've tried several things in the BIOS to get it to go, including changing USB modes to legacy, disabling USB boot, and so on.  No luck.  It will boot with any other USB device plugged in.

Anyone have a solution?

• 3 months later...
I installed the GT120 graphics card in my Hackintosh to drive a Cinema Display. It worked right out of the box, no problems, drivers correct and everything.

Only problem I have is that it won't boot with the displays USB cable plugged in. I have to let the computer boot up, and then plug in the cable. Once the cable is plugged in, the speakers, etc on the display work.

The problem (and I've seen other people with this as well) is that many motherboards won't boot up with the cinema display's usb cable plugged in. It hangs the BIOS. I've tried several things in the BIOS to get it to go, including changing USB modes to legacy, disabling USB boot, and so on. No luck. It will boot with any other USB device plugged in.

Anyone have a solution?

I am having similar issue with the wired apple alu keyboard is connected to my gigabyte ep45-u3lr hackintosh rig. Whenever I started to boot with the keyboard connected to the mashine the bios turned hanged. Somehow this issued solved accidentally, I don't know exacltly but this issue has gone. I think this issue is because apple uses slighltly different mvoltage than standard non apple usb devices.

I am thinking to buy cinema display 27 to my hackintosh, my question is regarding about that whether the brightness and other display settings which has to be controlled throuhg osx do they work when people connects apple cinema display to a hackintosh? I am also planning to buy a mid range ati 5770 graphic card with display port and planning to to connect the praphic card with a displayport to mini displayport adapter to the cinema display.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a video card for Hackintosh that has GA-x58a-ud3r mobo & 24" LED ACD? I want something that has a mini displayport besides the GT 120 (nothing against nvidia I just dont want an OEM card). Either Nvidia or ATI - something decent for photoshop and the like (I'm a graphic designer).

I would like to try to get something this weekend from microcenter if possible and get this system running.

I've tried the Apple OEM ATI 5770 and can't get the drivers to play right.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I got it working!

Can anyone recommend a video card for Hackintosh that has GA-x58a-ud3r mobo & 24" LED ACD? I want something that has a mini displayport besides the GT 120 (nothing against nvidia I just dont want an OEM card). Either Nvidia or ATI - something decent for photoshop and the like (I'm a graphic designer).

I would like to try to get something this weekend from microcenter if possible and get this system running.

I've tried the Apple OEM ATI 5770 and can't get the drivers to play right.

Thanks!

Grab 2 of these babies for SLi - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814261076

They will out perform 1 GTX 480 with lower temperatures at idle and during load.