ALC 268 Shutdown problem!

Ninja82

25 posts in this topic

Hi. I am new to the Mac World. If the same topic was posted before please provide me with a link and then close it.

I have an HP dv9543ev with ALC 268 Realtek High Definition Audio. I installed iPC 10.5.6 OSX86 and I used the ALC 268 driver by Madtux. Everything is working OK with audio. Some minor problems with the microphone (noise).

Anyway, they say that ALC 268 also is the problem for some laptops not shuting down properly and I wanted to ask if somebofy found a solution for this problem for the 10.5.6 Leopard version.

My laptop sleeps and restarts just fine. Shutdown is the problem. I read all those topics you aldeasy have for the chip but other people say this solution is for different Mac versions and is not going to work on 10.5.6 so I am asking you just to make it clear.

Thanks.

Hi. I am new to the Mac World. If the same topic was posted before please provide me with a link and then close it.

I have an HP dv9543ev with ALC 268 Realtek High Definition Audio. I installed iPC 10.5.6 OSX86 and I used the ALC 268 driver by Madtux. Everything is working OK with audio. Some minor problems with the microphone (noise).

Anyway, they say that ALC 268 also is the problem for some laptops not shuting down properly and I wanted to ask if somebofy found a solution for this problem for the 10.5.6 Leopard version.

My laptop sleeps and restarts just fine. Shutdown is the problem. I read all those topics you aldeasy have for the chip but other people say this solution is for different Mac versions and is not going to work on 10.5.6 so I am asking you just to make it clear.

Thanks.

Well I think you should find a better kext for your audio or a better patching method :wacko:

or instal openhaltrestart.kext

Well I installed those shutdown fixes that come with the IPC installation disc but still my laptop cannot shutdown. I read some other topics about patching the appleHDA.kext but the difference is that the laptop is shutting down but the fan and all the leds are still switched on.

With the normal drivers if I try to shutdown the PC just restarts.

Well I installed those shutdown fixes that come with the IPC installation disc but still my laptop cannot shutdown. I read some other topics about patching the appleHDA.kext but the difference is that the laptop is shutting down but the fan and all the leds are still switched on.

With the normal drivers if I try to shutdown the PC just restarts.

don't patch audio with applehdapatcher.. when i patched my audio with this patcher i got a same problem.than y format hdd ant download kext files and instal with kext helper and everything works good.

maybe try theese files http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1048985

don't patch audio with applehdapatcher.. when i patched my audio with this patcher i got a same problem.than y format hdd ant download kext files and instal with kext helper and everything works good.

maybe try theese files http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1048985

I downloaded and installed with the kext helper that appleHDA.kext.

Result: No Sound now, laptop still restarts when I shutdown. :) We made it worst :).

try :D

Still restarting. Oh my GOD what's wrong? :D

Profiler shows this which I thing is correct:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30CC

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Microphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

restar, go in bios, search "wake up from s5" maybe in "power" and choose "stay off"

My Laptop BIOS does not have this kind of options.

Some system Information about hard disks, CPU, Time, Boot Sequence and Password but I will look at it and let you know.

“Wake on LAN from S5” choose "stay off"

My Bios is divided into 5 categories:

1) Main: CPU, RAM, Model Name, Time, Date Information

2) Security: Password on Power On...

3) Diagnostics: Hard disk and memory Tests

4) System Configurations: Button Sound, Virtualisation Technology, Processor C4 state, Boot Sequence

5) Exit

That Wake on LAN is not in Bios.

My Bios is divided into 5 categories:

1) Main: CPU, RAM, Model Name, Time, Date Information

2) Security: Password on Power On...

3) Diagnostics: Hard disk and memory Tests

4) System Configurations: Button Sound, Virtualisation Technology, Processor C4 state, Boot Sequence

5) Exit

That Wake on LAN is not in Bios.

try this http://www.mediafire.com/?yznzqmhmtng

OpenHaltRestart is not working too. What's next? :)

I even flash my bios. Maybe there was a chance something new was going to appear in the BIOS. :P

i don't know what's next :unsure: search in ofrums, try newest drivers.. i don't know :D

i don't know what's next :) search in ofrums, try newest drivers.. i don't know :unsure:

Hahaha thanks mate :D. Well, I searched everywhere. I formatted and restarted this Laptop a 100 times and still shutdown is like restarting. Anyway thanks again.