After waking up from sleep pixelated, corrupted graphic.

falkner2008

4 posts in this topic

Hey folks. I got a problem. After waking up from sleep i got a problem. My Graphic appers corrupted and pixelated. The only thing i got to to solve the problem is rebooting. After that everything works fine again.

I've installed iPC 10.5.6 on my AMD maschine with a 7600 gt 128mb, everything works perfectly excepted waking up from sleep. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had this problem too, but on older 10.5.x. on the second PC in my signature - which also has a 7600 GT.

It only happened when using the DVI port. Using the VGA port, I didn't have this problem.

You might have to change your NVCAP value to set your VGA port as primary, not sure.

There used to be a useful thread about it entitled 'Leopard Screen Corruption' but (like some other threads with important information) it's no longer available...If you search on google you can still read the cached version.

I had this problem too, but on older 10.5.x. on the second PC in my signature - which also has a 7600 GT.

It only happened when using the DVI port. Using the VGA port, I didn't have this problem.

You might have to change your NVCAP value to set your VGA port as primary, not sure.

There used to be a useful thread about it entitled 'Leopard Screen Corruption' but (like some other threads with important information) it's no longer available...If you search on google you can still read the cached version.

Hey i'm searching the whole forum but don't find anything. How you changend your NVCAP? EFISTUDIO only have 7600 GT with 512 MB not with 128 MB. And i don't have an idea how to slove the problem.

Yay, 500th post.

I take it that when you reboot with the monitor plugged into the VGA plug there is no picture or a blue screen w/ mouse pointer?

If that's the case, you should be able to fix it by using the right NVCAP.

From what I understand, the NVCAP string determines the order of the outputs on the video card. So you need to find an NVCAP value for your card that sets the VGA port as the primary output.

Since you are using device property string now, your primary goal should be to get your video card working with an injector instead, using an injector makes it easier to manipulate the NVCAP value. Don't forget to delete the device property string before rebooting after installing an injector.

You can try different injectors - some that have worked for me on my 7600GT are NVInject, NVKush and NVDarwin.

Then edit the NVCAP value in the info.plist inside the injector kernel extension, using a program called plisteditpro.

There's a thread about NVCAP values in the Nvidia subforum in the Video Drivers section.

It's a tedious process because you'll have to reboot every time you change the NVCAP. If by accident you end up in a situation where you can't get a display on any of the outputs, you'll have to boot up in safe mode, delete the injector from the extensions folder, flush the extensions cache and reboot. Rinse and repeat.

NVDarwin and NVKush come with their own installer. If I recall correctly the NVDarwin installer lets you pick memory size but I don't remember if it lets you set a custom NVCAP before installing. So try it and see. When hand-editing the plist (if you need to) you can reinstall the injector with OSX86Tools.

When you get it working on the VGA port, you then can use gfxutil to create a device property string from the info.plist inside the injector and then insert that in apple.com.boot.plist - if you want to go back to using a device property string at all.

And another thing - for some reason you must be using the 'insanely lucid' theme for the forum search to work properly.

Good luck!