Dell Inspiron 700m - Which should I use, iPC or iATKOS?

Panarchy

4 posts in this topic

Hello

The only modifications I have made to the original setup of my laptop (Dell Inspiron 700m) is the additional RAM, I now have 1.48GB of RAM.

Please tell me which drivers I need to select and which distribution I should use.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

iPC is great because it allows you to install all driver kexts up front and if you do right you should have a perfectly working 10.5.6 system.

Just mess around with it for a while (I needed about 8 reinstalls till I got it running decently).

iATKOS is good too but it has less features, but then again installs superfast (30min approx) which comes in handy when you reinstall that much.

I suggest you mess around with iATKOS a while till you get it running smoothly and know what drivers work and then go for a full iPC install (like i did).

• 6 months later...
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

If you get the chance, can you please tell me exactly which Drivers I need to select?

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

HI,

I am also planning to install mac os on my inspiron 700m. Can you please let me know which distribution you have used and if there is anything that i have to take care during and after installation?

I would really appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thanks