b0 error on bootup

steve67474

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys this is my third post. had no respnse on first two but got past my issues so am still on that steep learning curve. I have managed to load 10.5.2 ok and was installing hp printer driver for mac. I had to reboot and thats where the problem lies. It comes up with b0 error?? its as if it cant find MBR or whatever is the equivilent for mac. As this is third time I hope I will be lucky and get a respnse with some help Pleeeese. cheers guys

just an update. I have gone through the set partition active process and I still get the same error. This is the only partition on a separate hard drive also it loads ok with cd in drive

Is it dual boot?

I've had the error a couple of times. The vista (I presume) repair disc wont work.

Use this: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Write the iso to a cd, boot from it and go to Filesystem tools > Boot managers > Gag > install gag > add OS > windows NT

Eject the cd, and you should be able to boot normally (this solved it in my case, also the boot0: error)

Hope it works.

Cheers for the reply, I sorted it by a tut on here re setting disk active (it was) and also setting it bootable. I am up and running now. just did my first kext to get my broadcom wireless working so still on the way up the learning curve. just need to sort my printer now and I am there. ;)