Installed but boot cd tries to reinstall it

ph00p

10 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been already posted I did a search and found a ton of threads and none stated this problem without going through a million posts, it might be GOOD to have just a thread to resolve this.

Specs:

Asus p4pe

1gb ram

Geforce 6600gt

Ide drive

I installed Macosx 10.5, and the first boot kept doing the keyboard options loop infinitely so I turned off the pc, now when I try to boot with the dvd it just tries to reinstall the OS not even acknowledging the fact that the OS is already installed.

Please help

I'm in the install screen there HAS to be a way to recover the OS from here, it says that its installed on the hardrive I just checked, how do I recover it from here?

Well I"m going to have to give up on this, even after the OSX installs perfectly it STILL doesn't get recognized as INSTALLED, the files are there on the computer, but I can't make the OS realize its installed, one time with the DVD in it started to boot MAC OSX and then it went into the Welcome Loop, when I tried to fix it as described elsewhere on this forum and rebooted the DVD tried to installed OSX AGAIN!! Also nobody is very helpful here, I've tried to provide all the info I can but still nobody is bothering.

Well I"m going to have to give up on this, even after the OSX installs perfectly it STILL doesn't get recognized as INSTALLED, the files are there on the computer, but I can't make the OS realize its installed, one time with the DVD in it started to boot MAC OSX and then it went into the Welcome Loop, when I tried to fix it as described elsewhere on this forum and rebooted the DVD tried to installed OSX AGAIN!! Also nobody is very helpful here, I've tried to provide all the info I can but still nobody is bothering.
Tried keeping the DVD out of the drive?

Tried keeping the DVD out of the drive?

I have,when I have the Mac partition set as active and the DVD OUT then I get a "Missing Operating System" despite the fact that it worked perfectly.

Also I've since changed things back so that XP is the bootable OS and I can't get the Chianloader to work either. This is very frustrating.

Thank you for your post though.

I have,when I have the Mac partition set as active and the DVD OUT then I get a "Missing Operating System" despite the fact that it worked perfectly.

Also I've since changed things back so that XP is the bootable OS and I can't get the Chianloader to work either. This is very frustrating.

Thank you for your post though.

See here about making OS X volume active......

See here about making OS X volume active......

I'll try that now, how about the kernel panic at sector 64 saying the Ebios error? I searched that one too and I really couldn't find any thread that was really helpful. I get the error with the OS fully installed and my HDD is in great condition or so says S.M.A.R.T

EDIT: Ok I tried that I followed EVERY step and STILL got "Missing Operating System" when I rebooted. I'm using ToH version with my spec(in OP) whats the best one for me to use/easiest to find/get ??

EDIT: When I boot from the disk I get the "Welcome Loop" and when I try to boot into safe mode I get

Ebios read error .... Sector 64

I've tried everything in Windows XP too, any other ideas in XP?

Can this be done from GPARTED?

I've since installed Atkosi5 version and it stops dead on the IO buffer headers part of the boot process, what would cause that?

If your System Hangs after Boot Screen Message:

"Mac framework successfully initialized

Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

where XXXX may be 16384, 14805, 5242 typically......

XXXX Number Explanation:

16384 is reported to indicate ≥ 4GB RAM

14805 is reported to indicate 2GB RAM

The Error Cause may be:

ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext

The Error Solution may be:

Replace ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext with compatible version(s); generally found in older distros...…or as an "ACPI Fix" or "ACPI-APIC Old" or similar in recent distros.....

HOWEVER, if different versions of these kexts do not resolve the error, then you may need a modified-DSDT BIOS……this is because the DSDT is a part of the ACPI subsystem.