upgrade RAM to 4Gb not stable ...

msantoso

6 posts in this topic

I currently have a stable 10.5.5 build which I've tried to have an uptime up to 61 days.

the system runs quad core Q6600, 2Gb corsair XMS DDR2 (2x1Gb pair), recently my brother gave me another pair of the same RAM, so I tried installing it on my motherboard and use all the 4 slots available. the system able to boot up and runs probably few hours and hangs, it does that everytime, i've tried my brother 2x2Gb RAM also experience the same thing.

any advice how to upgrade the system to 4Gb and make it stable?

thanks

I currently have a stable 10.5.5 build which I've tried to have an uptime up to 61 days.

the system runs quad core Q6600, 2Gb corsair XMS DDR2 (2x1Gb pair), recently my brother gave me another pair of the same RAM, so I tried installing it on my motherboard and use all the 4 slots available. the system able to boot up and runs probably few hours and hangs, it does that everytime, i've tried my brother 2x2Gb RAM also experience the same thing.

any advice how to upgrade the system to 4Gb and make it stable?

thanks

I swear ppl are too lazy to search the dayz ...... This is a huge and known issue http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611