[HELP] Kalyway 10.5.2 -> 10.5.6

jchaike

2 posts in this topic

Okay, so this has been bugging the HELL out of me.

I have tried so hard to find my answers, to not post on here, but I have no choice now.

I have been trying to upgrade to 10.5.6, sometimes even trying to simply settle for 10.5.5.

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2, and used to have it on 10.5.5 (I was stupid and accidentally upgraded to 10.5.6 before reading any instructions). I was using the Pre-Update and Post-Update Patches for 10.5.5 update after doing the combo update.

When I tried doing those patches, they wouldn't work this time.

I finally decided to simply download 10.5.6 installs. NONE of them worked. I tried xXx Leopard 10.5.6, iPC 10.5.6, and iDeneb v 1.4 for 10.5.6... Only Kalyway 10.5.2 works for me.

I have tried 10.5.2 -> 10.5.6 like 16 times (no joke), and each time it either stops in the middle and gives me this picture:

macosx_kernel_panic.png

or simply restarts.

My most recent install, I was able to use that script to delete that CPUIntel.kext thing, and i was able to get through the upgrade install completely through, and delete the Dont steal this Mac.kext and i replaced it with something like dmsos.kext.

I restarted my computer, and when it showed hte Darwin Bootloader, it started going, and restarted immediately. I wasn't even given the chance to see the Mac Boot Screen =[

As I type this, my 10.5.2 just finished installing... yet again..

If anybody can help me, it would be awesome...

I have an MPC Xeon Dual Core Processor with 3ghz

I have an ATI Radeon 3600 HD (PCI-E)

2gb of ram

uhh i think thats really all you guys need to know i guess... if theres anything oyu guys need tell me....

Any help is greatly appreciated (and soon =P)

thanks again

--jchaike

okay, so i just finished updating to 10.5.6 again...

i forgot to mention i updated to that chameleon boot loader. i followed this guide:

http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/up...5x-to-1056.html

i was able to reboot, and my computer didnt auto restart when i got to the bootloader.

instead, i am not STUCK on the apple boot screen.

there is no spinning circle, it is just frozen..

my caps keys and stuff on the keyboard will not work....

PLEASE help, i am so close!!