Builind a new Hackintosh Specifications

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

First of thanks to all who help manage this site and the hardware compatibility lists. I have ordered a Hackintosh with the following wishlist:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...tNumber=8199294

It seems to be fully compatible, and is cheap and exactly what I need. My laptop (HP's manufacturer defect) broke, and I needed a decent core 2 duo. I had installed OSX on my laptop a while back, but didnt use it much for the one reason that it didn't support the wifi (Intel 4965g) card.

I look forward to opinions and whether this thing will work. I'll be getting it Thursday. I am hoping to install Windows 7 on it first however, then somehow dual boot it with OSX. I need Windows for Work and for stuff that won't work on parallels, so hoping to dual boot.

Very nice. This is exactly what I'm looking for re: a parts list that works. I'm an old mac guy, a little bit of PC, and find the nuances of the whole hackintosh thing a little cumbersome. From what I can gather, it's because it's been made that way. The information is presented in a very obtuse manner.

I like how you presented it. What I was commenting about in the suggestions forum, was exactly something like this: I want to see 3 builds that match the typical series of MacPros, that work, with a minimum of hassle for guys like me who just want to buy the parts, sit down with a beer, assemble it, (and follow the instructions which are minimal for the install!) and build myself a $5grand machine for about $1200.

Keep me posted. I'm up in Canada, so I don't have Newegg but I've got a TigerDirect down the street.

Herkimer.

Kalyway 10.5.2 Sleep kernel worked perfectly... NIC (RLC8111) worked out of box (it required patching in vanilla but worked OOB in sleep)... Audio worked perfectly <_<... All devices worked perfectly, except video card, I'll be updating to 10.5.6 and then installed the 9500 drivers (easily found on this forum)... Love this forum...

The only problem I am having, is my windows 7 cannot boot, it says that bootup needs repair or something, but i think its something small... will let u know how it goes tomorrow...

Okay too many problems...

Windows 7 is pretty much dead... getting Disk Error, then somehow mybootup (BCD) messed up... And windows 7 is unbootable no matter what... I tried actually manually making my BCD no luck...

more problems, my 9500GT needs drivers, so I update to 10.5.6 and my keyboard and mouse stop working... I tried the PS2 ready kexts found on this forum... No luck at all... I think its because my mouse is USB, but my keyboard is PS2... OSX is prolly the only OS which breaks itself on release updates :-/... Well So I cannot update to 10.5.6 correctly, meaning I cant get correct drivers for my video card... My windows 7 is dead.. tried stuff with acronis, gparted, and everything possible, but its dead no matter what...

So, reinstalled windows 7 for now... Does any of you know if iPC 10.5.6 is compatible with that mobo? Also, if there are any other distros for 10.5.6 is even snow beta which are compatible/stable? As for now, I am actually happier with Win7... installed faster than OSX and had much fewer problems... only thing I hate is the new Vista Bootloader... :-/... but then again its probably better than OSX's :-/... (Hail Linux + Grub :wacko:)

I'll be dloading 10.5.6 iPC... I have seen somewhere on this forum that even retail 10.5.6 is compatible... but I really dont wanna worry about PS2 errors :-/...