When I insert USB Mass Storage I receive error

k0k0

6 posts in this topic

When I insert USB Mass Storage I receive error "Hold down the power for several seconds or press the Restart Button" and my PC freezes... today I installed iDeneb 10.5.6 and this is my first problem :thumbsup_anim: my specs are :

Mobo : GB EP45-DS3R

CPU : Q6600

GPU : 9800GT 1GB

2x2 GB RAM DDR2

SATA Optical Device

WD SATA2 500GB...

Would IOUSBFamily kexts help ?

That's called a Kernel Panic.

Try basic things first - check USB settings in the BIOS.

Make sure USB2.0 high speed and EHCI handoff is enabled (if you have that option), and set Legacy USB support to Auto.

In the list of devices to boot from in the BIOS, disable all devices but your hard drive(s).

Does it happen no matter what USB port you plug it into?

If you're using an USB hub try removing it. Try removing other USB devices.

If you boot up with the drive already attached, does it work okay?

If you don't get any further with the above, try Slice's USB 2.0 drivers here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117029

Follow the instructions carefully. You can also opt to skip the terminal commands and insert the plugins into IOUSBFamily by hand and then re-install the kext using OSX86Tools. Don't forget to back up the files you are replacing.

I'm now installing the drivers via Terminal ;] and I'll see what would happen

EDIT: I've installed it with the commands but i receive the kernel panic again :thumbsup_anim:, but the strange is that when i boot with inserted thumb drive it's ok :|

Make sure your kernel and system.kext versions match.

Click the Apple, About This Mac, More info.. then click 'Software' to see your kernel version.

Then under 'Software' click 'Extensions' (shows all extensions that are loaded by the system and their version numbers, very handy for troubleshooting) and check that system.kext's version number matches that of the kernel.

My kernel version and my system.kext versions are 9.6.0 :) but i found that i have some System6.0.kext that versin is 7.9.9 could that kext cause problems and should i delete it ?

P.S. Could you tell me some booting options to see what is causing the kernel panic ? I tried -v but when i insert my flash drive everything freezes and it hasn't switched off the display manager to show me the command lines :angel: