Cheap Solution for QE/CL

13 posts in this topic

it should work perfectly fine with gfx strings.

I've tried NVinject, Punk92, NVinstaller, 9f23, with EFI strings, I chose 8400gs 256 mb.

I cannot get this card working

nVidia GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0404

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8400 GS OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

My XFX 8400 GS 256mb 0x06e4 works great, considering the price. I've tried every injector and efi string and it always worked right from the beggining, never needed to mod any kext. Tested with ideneb 1.3 and 1.4, also with leo4all 10.5.4. Maybe the problem is in your bios.

PD: I used to have a 7300 GS (died in combat) and it was (my impression) better than my actual 8400 gs regarding to general OSX performance. Gaming is another issue and the 8400 seems a little faster.

My XFX 8400 GS 256mb 0x06e4 works great, considering the price. I've tried every injector and efi string and it always worked right from the beggining, never needed to mod any kext. Tested with ideneb 1.3 and 1.4, also with leo4all 10.5.4. Maybe the problem is in your bios.

PD: I used to have a 7300 GS (died in combat) and it was (my impression) better than my actual 8400 gs regarding to general OSX performance. Gaming is another issue and the 8400 seems a little faster.

I tried 3 different mobos(a backup and my other died) and none of them have gotten this card working.

I have no idea why your card isn't working. Try Natit 0.2.

I used ktext helper and installed Natit.ktext and redid the chown permissions and stuff.

Did I install it correctly, because QE is still "Not Supported"

Try NVDarwin - if you can find it. If you google IIRC one of the first hits is a mediafire link to version 1.2.5.

Make sure you're not running two injectors at the same time.

Tried that, I'm still stuck in 1280x1024.

Even set the Graphics Mode string too.