Upgrading EP35-DS3L to EP45-DS3L

6 posts in this topic

So the story is that I had a Gigabyte EP35-DS3L that I was running with Kalyway 10.5.4. But then my motherboard fried so now I ordered a EP45-DS3L. My question is... will I be able to just plug the internal HD into the machine with the new EP45 and it will work? I don't want to have to re-install my OS... because my hard drive isn't backed up. I need a way to recover what is on my Kalyway 10.5.4 hard drive.

Thank you

Yeah, I think you can just plug her right in.

Failing that, you can install a fresh copy of OS X, and move your old home folder over into /Users.

Then just go to accounts and create a user with the same name as your old account - it will then use the folder and all your stuff will be right there.

So the story is that I had a Gigabyte EP35-DS3L that I was running with Kalyway 10.5.4. But then my motherboard fried so now I ordered a EP45-DS3L. My question is... will I be able to just plug the internal HD into the machine with the new EP45 and it will work? I don't want to have to re-install my OS... because my hard drive isn't backed up. I need a way to recover what is on my Kalyway 10.5.4 hard drive.

Thank you

It should just work in the year and three months since I started using OS X I have went from a 965p to p35-ds3l to p35-ds3r to ep45-ds3r all Gigabyte's in my main machine without having to change anything it just boots.

Thank you, everyone, for the quick replies!

I found out its actually a UD3P. A EP45-UD3P. So I am not upgrading DS3L to DS3L.

EP35-DS3L -> EP45-UD3P

Will it work still?

Yes they are all pretty much the same chip wise and this is the part that matters the support for the chip sets on the board if they are supported then it will work, you may have to make adjustments for something like the audio but you should be fine otherwise.