issues upgrading from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5

T Anderson

5 posts in this topic

hey,

i have kalyway's install for 10.5.2, which set up successfully.

i followed these instructions for carrying out the update to 10.5.5:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107340

i have a copy of the system/library/extensions folder from before the update.

unfortunately, leopard kept giving me a 'still waiting for root device' message on startup, and did not continue.

to try and resolve this, i replaced extensions/IOATAFamily.kext with the copy i have from the 10.5.2 install. this successfully suppresses the error and the bootup sequence seems to progress further, however it seems to just freeze sometime after.

there are no discernable errors or 'kernel panics'.

the motherboard i'm using is an asus p5k-e. i guess i can post the remaining specs if need be.

im happy to obtain an installation which already has a 10.5.5+ version if it makes it easier, but i had no guarantee that i wouldn't have any problems with that either, so i haven't attempted it yet.

basically, the end result i'm looking for is to upgrade to at least 10.5.5 so i can run the apple iphone SDK.

any tips to achieve this goal would be appreciated.

thanks.

update: this is the error which occurs at bootup, and is the last thing shown:

WARNING: sandbox_init error Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Could not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd

additionally, at the moment its actually booting into -x safe mode.

any ideas?