InsanelyMac Forum
bacouch

Driver for enabling bluetooth in Toshiba laptop

Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

ioreg -lw0 | grep TOS6205

It's my first driver and event first application for Mac OS, so don't be mad if this brakes anything on your computer:).

ToshibaBluetooth.kext.zip

ToshibaBluetooth.zip

Advertisement

Thank you very much for this. My bluetooth now working on Toshiba A200-1GH with your kext!

Great - just dropped the kext, repaired permissions and it works perfectly on Toshiba Satellite A200-E562. Didn't even require a restart. Bluetooth cannot be turned off from the menubar, but the hardware switch works, so no issue. Great job! :)

Incredible! Juste works like a charm on my X200-20F :)

Really very big thanks for your work man, I were looking for that for a long time !!! :)

Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :) . It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

It's my first driver and event first application for Mac OS, so don't be mad if this brakes anything on your computer:).

Hi Bacouch,

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X300 and your kext is working perfectlly under Leopard and Snow Leopard 32bit,but under Snow Leopard 64bit does not work.

Please could you modify the kext for Snow 64bit??

Many thanks for your help

Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

hey, so i'm new to all this and i'm just wondering what i do exactly with your attached files? do i drop them in the terminal? thanks for any help!!

-marn

Big Thx for the 64bit kext! :unsure:

Not tested yet because Snow Loe not installed, but I were afraid of loosing my bluetooth after update...

Hi...

finally my bluetooth turn on..

Thank you so much..

By the way i cant turn off my BT..Anybody have these problem?

Maybe anybody can help? Thanks in advance...

thank you for the 64it kext, it worked flawlessly!!!!! but then i upped to 10.6.3, and its not loading up anymore. pfix log confirms this.

so is it just me that has issues on 10.6.3, or is the kext broken in this version? could it be modified?

im running a toshiba x305-q705

THANKS!

Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself ;). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

Top work for a first effort. This works perfectly on my toshiba nb200 with 10.0 snow leopard. Unfortunately it's not working on 10.6.5 (which I need to make my wifi work!)

Any ideas what's broken it in newer versions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Top work for a first effort. This works perfectly on my toshiba nb200 with 10.0 snow leopard. Unfortunately it's not working on 10.6.5 (which I need to make my wifi work!)

Any ideas what's broken it in newer versions?

Thanks,

Andrew

For me it works perfectly under SL 10.6.7 64bit (Toshiba Satellite X200-20F) . Try to verify the kernel didn't switch from 32 to 64 mode after updating.

you are awesome man

when you will make one for 10.7 build 4 ??

i tried it today on my A500-1F4 and it didn't work even the Bluetooth logo didn't appear

keep up the good work

thank you

Hey!

Again, big thanks for your great kext! I'm currently working on my Lion install, and apparently the kext don't load. I'm not very sure but the bluetooth don't work.

Do you plan to compile it for 10.7?

OK, I managed to make it work under 10.7 (fresh install)

After some investigation, the kext seems to be loaded at startup, but maybe it can't detect hardware, or something like that.

I unloaded, and reloaded it manually and tada! it works!

I don't know if I'll need to do this again at next startup.

You guys can try this in the mean time.

EDIT: Works like a charm, no need to do anything.