psystar...is it even worth it?

5 posts in this topic

jus curious, i see their build but feel if i build my own and follow the simple guides ive been given mine can be just as good, for cheaper. i know there trying to make a profit, jus curious though.

honostly id rather build my own, but let me know what you think about psy stars builds...

jus curious, i see their build but feel if i build my own and follow the simple guides ive been given mine can be just as good, for cheaper. i know there trying to make a profit, jus curious though.

honostly id rather build my own, but let me know what you think about psy stars builds...

Dont go with psystar, its a recession, save your cash and build.

You can build a LOT better than Psystar for a lot cheaper. Their $1200 'OpenPro' is overpriced, you could buld the same for around $850. And they seem to make a lot of money overcharging for add-ons. $120 for 8GB of 'mystery' RAM? $250 for a 1TB hard drive? Total ripoff.

Their $550 system is about $300 worth of parts.

In all cases they don't tell you what motherboard they're using, but I think the Open uses a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L, and the OpenPro is probably a full sized P35 or P45 Gigabyte board.

You can easily do a LOT better- Psystar just charges a premium to people that still think all of this Hackintosh stuff is voodoo.

sounds like i could by an imac for the same price lol plus have a monitor. i plan to build though because i need the expansion abilities of a mac pro. and i know it wont be as powerful as an 8 core mac but i know itll be just as good as a g5 quad core and thats al i need. probably be more powerful...

thanks for the response. i saw the site and the first thing i thought was no wonder they're getting sued, they overcharge as much as apple and i doubt their customer service is as good lol. thank you thank you im getting closer to making my build... tax season :-)