ATI Radeon Xpress 200M driver for OSx86

21 posts in this topic

Is there an OSx86 driver (kext) for the ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics chip in notebooks yet?

I heard their working on a ton of different drivers for this project, but I can't find the status of them anywhere.

Any websites, download locations, etc would be greatly appreciated. :)

If there's a working driver for the chipset now, then I reword this entire post into an informative download source.

there is a effort by omni to create somekind of ATI driver that might help use 200M users... You don't find much on the 200M because people usually refer to it as x200... I posted a thread asking what are the differences between x200 and 200m... but nobody answered yet... the naming is a mess!.

Suming up: there is no working driver for 200M yet and the feeling I have is that no one is giving special attention to it because few people have a system with it. But we might gain with drivers for similar cards...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you can, edit atiradeon9700ga.plugin. read callisto technical discusssion, be informed before u post :)

[/quotOkay, if are going to be a J****ss at least make sure you are right, that hack does not work on the x200m, okay? Take your own advice.

Excuse me, what is with the name calling? It was my understanding that this method did not work. I will happily try it now and report back with the results. In the mean time, please let's try to keep it civil here. If I did make a mistake in my earlier posting and you can get QE/CI working I apologize.

I do not understand why we immediatly jump to calling people jack a$$'s and such. If someone makes a mistake, simply correct them.

• 2 weeks later...

hi. just now find what one man have it's 850xt working with koverg patch v2 (QE + CI)

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=18586

but here

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=10415

koverg said what that cart isn't working.

maybe with v.2 patch and x200 goes with QE+CI.

anyone can to test it?

p.s. just now i have access to my PC, and can't test it myself erlier the end of this week.

Doesn't work with the x200m, tried the Koverg method & editing the ATIRadeon9700GA, did not work, had to boot to safe mode & remove.

Does anyone know what chipset the x200m has, I read it doesn't have an R3xx series GPU that's why it won't work with the 9700 drivers. I even tried editing & using EVERY ATI driver one by one, none worked.

The ATIX1000 driver causes white lines all over my LCD, ut I will confirm the OS completes loading because pressing F12 will eject the CD tray.

• 3 years later...

to bump an old thread well as with the gmax3100 if the OS completely loads and theres white lines thats ummm GOOD! that means its a framebuffer issue or a resolution or EDID problem try while running in vesa set up a vnc connection so you can vnc into the computer once it has the white lines and see if you cant change the resolution to get the screen to show up to tell if u got QE/CI or not or even if its native res. ALSO try doing an EDID override with switchresX you can get information on how to do this in the stickied non working intel GMAX3100 driver on the intel page. GOOD LUCK someone post here if it works i have the same graphics card

and it wouldnt hurt to add in a dual link fix to your DSDT

• 5 weeks later...

hi guys ,

i am having intel mother board D101GGC ,with ATI Radeon xpress 200 series .My problem is i installed iAtkos v7 without checking customize option and now the OS x is installated successfully but after rebooting it still remains in the apple logo ..... can any one please guide me ...thanks in advnce

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! i am new in insanely mac forums... Im trying to get Mac running on an old laptop (toshiba m100 sp1011 with the chipset ati radeon xpress 200m) and i can´t install it because it gives me this error: still waiting for root device, i have read that it´s beacuse i have to add the kext for this chipset to my install dvd, by the way i will try to use ATIATA.kext, anyway i´m trying to add the kext to my install dvd with transmac but i don´t find this folder (extensions) System/library/extensions, it just isn't in the library folder, i hope you can help me i have looked everywhere but i dont find how to solve the problem... Any help is appreciated! :) , thank you! and sorry for my english... :D

• 4 weeks later...