Intel GMA 965

ashman1970

15 posts in this topic

- you have to delete all AppleIntelGMAX3100*.kext from "System/Library/Extensions/" BUT!!!!

you have to save all the files on stick or something

- after a reboot you have a picture on your main screen in 1024x768 and you can´t change it in settings.

- now put the last Natit.kext with the Kext Helper b7 (or terminal) to the right place (automatically) and restart

- after that you´ll found no changes

- now you have to copy the files AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext und AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle back to the original place (use again the Kext Helper b7 or terminal)

- after a reboot you have you native resolution and you can change it as you want.

thats how it´s working on my laptop

sorry, bad english, i know (german guy)

Laptop ASUS S37e

Intel GM965 X3100 - work

Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - don´t work

BT - works

FW - works

Cardreader and sound - don´t work - not yet

Fingerprinter - don´t work

trackpad - only without fingertapping

hope i can help you

you dont have to remove the x3100 kexts if you can already boot up, just add the natit with kext helper or osx86 tools and call it good

you dont have to remove the x3100 kexts if you can already boot up, just add the natit with kext helper or osx86 tools and call it good

The only file I have in /system/library/extenions called AppleIntel is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext nothing else that resembles that name, so nothing to delete or copy and then copy back.

I googled and downloaded a natit.kext, installed it wih kext helper, rebooted and no change, everything is still the same, 1024x768 only and no quartz.

Well I got the sleep trick working although now it appears I have shutdown problems, when I click on shutdown it appears to go through the motions, my screen goes black but my power light stays on, pehaps I am not waiting long enough, but I hold down the power button to turn it off, then it takes three tries on power up to get to the login screen, the other times it powers up to a black screen.

AM

• 6 months later...
- you have to delete all AppleIntelGMAX3100*.kext from "System/Library/Extensions/" BUT!!!!

you have to save all the files on stick or something

- after a reboot you have a picture on your main screen in 1024x768 and you can�t change it in settings.

- now put the last Natit.kext with the Kext Helper b7 (or terminal) to the right place (automatically) and restart

- after that you�ll found no changes

- now you have to copy the files AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext und AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle back to the original place (use again the Kext Helper b7 or terminal)

- after a reboot you have you native resolution and you can change it as you want.

thats how it�s working on my laptop

sorry, bad english, i know (german guy)

Laptop ASUS S37e

Intel GM965 X3100 - work

Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - don�t work

BT - works

FW - works

Cardreader and sound - don�t work - not yet

Fingerprinter - don�t work

trackpad - only without fingertapping

hope i can help you

My Laptop Is SONY VAIO VGN-CR11GH

link

http://www.sony.co.in/product/vgn-cr11gh/sku/vgn-cr11gh_le1

Conf

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7100(1.80 GHz)

Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator x3100 (Bult IN)

2GB RAM,80GB HDD

14.1"Wide(WXGA:1280x800) TFT Colour display

Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g

Intel® High Definition Audio compatible

MAc Ver : iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

I have Copied the AppleIntelGMAX3100*.kext to the Thumb Drive . Thanks to you i now have 1024x768 Res.

question : Now wot do i do..??? wot do u mean by Natit.Kext ..??? and kext helper b7 (ok i found this software but where do i get the natit.kext..???) please help..!!!

My Laptop Is SONY VAIO VGN-CR11GH

link

http://www.sony.co.in/product/vgn-cr11gh/sku/vgn-cr11gh_le1

Conf

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7100(1.80 GHz)

Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator x3100 (Bult IN)

2GB RAM,80GB HDD

14.1"Wide(WXGA:1280x800) TFT Colour display

Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g

Intel® High Definition Audio compatible

MAc Ver : iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

I have Copied the AppleIntelGMAX3100*.kext to the Thumb Drive . Thanks to you i now have 1024x768 Res.

question : Now wot do i do..??? wot do u mean by Natit.Kext ..??? and kext helper b7 (ok i found this software but where do i get the natit.kext..???) please help..!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86600

• 2 weeks later...