ATI Radeon HD4350 PCIe

KTL

243 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I'm new here... searched for infos about the HD4350, but found almost nothing...

Can anyone update me about drivers, patches or obscure magic rituals for getting this video card to work with two displays?

Thanks!

Tak for svar :(

I'll try with an HD2600 pro!

-----

The HD2600 arrived yesterday. It turned out to be the XT (dual DVI out) version, not the PRO as said on the webshop. It worked strait out of the box with iDeneb 1.3!

If anyone wants to give it a try: it's a Radeon HD2600XT (512Mb) powered by Qimonda, payed 26 €.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
bumping up.

Has anyone else tried them and had more luck?

None here. Also have Radeon HD 4350, MSI. Tried a little tutorial involving editing the device ID in the ATIRadeonX2000.kext from the "Snow Leopard" driver release. No luck. I have googled my fingers numb...no answers yet.

Profiler sees the card,but only 256mb of video memory instead of 512mb

OSX86Tools lets me enable QuartzGL, but not Quartz Extreme

Resolution can only be set to 1024 x 768

Nice to know there is a group of us stuck with 4350's...we will have to keep each other updated!

Dylan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I just ran software update to find OS X 10.5.7 is out...I am installing it now, maybe it will have the Radeon HD 4xxx kexts everyone is hoping for included? I will report back when it is done. Hopefully it works, I have never done a system update on my hackintosh. I am running vanilla kernel, but I used OSX86 tools to backup my kexts, and will restore them when the update finishes, BEFORE I restart. That should do it right?

Wish me luck,

Dylan

-----------------------------------------------------[edit]-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm that updating to 10.5.7 has not benefitted my video. Still stuck at 1024x768, Millions of colors, and no Quartz Extreme. Profiler says "no kext loaded".

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up, maybe those with 4870's that were rumored to be supported with this release will be able to lightly patch them for the 43xx?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need a solution for hd 4350 as well, I was pretty sure when I bought it that apple would use it on imac etc. but hmm. What is the big difference really from the other cards in the 4**** series os x wise?

New ideneb 1.5 says it supports

"HD4xxx Series

-HD4830

-HD4850

-HD4870

-HD4870×2

-FIXResolution"

I bet it only supports the subcategories but at least it appears someone is on pace to creating the needed kext.

Also if they were to be released would that be compatible with the ASUS EAH4350?

• 4 weeks later...

Same situation here, 4350 and 2400 (both HD, PICe) but 2400 WORKS.....somehow I manage to make it work with nice resolution and QE/CI enabled, but....during testing, 2400 crash. Tomorow I gonna replace it by warranty and start play tomorow again. When I fix it....I can describe what I've done. but PLEEEEASE...any chance for 4350?

Sorry to disappoint you but there will be no support for 43xx,45xx and 46xx series in MacOSX.

How do you know?

I've got an Asus P5Q and two 4550's and I really need support, infact the lack of support is the only thing preventing me at this point from installing OS X.

How do you know?

I've got an Asus P5Q and two 4550's and I really need support, infact the lack of support is the only thing preventing me at this point from installing OS X.

I have the similar case as you,refer to this site

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...p;mode=threaded

It said that I need to have the framebuffer for HD4550. Mine one is the Sapphire HD4550 and I wish there will be a driver for HD4xxx series.

• 1 month later...

I have ATI4350 and Snow Leo 6.2. I'm followed all instructions from netkas.org. I'm install new boot. I inserted my dev id's to ATI4500Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and have no luck. =(

kextstat | grep ATI

68 0 0xffffff7f80943000 0x2d000 0x2d000 com.apple.kext.ATISupport (6.0.6) <63 9 8 7 5 4 3 1>

In SysInfo:

Производитель: ATI (0x1002)

ID устройства: 0x954f

Ревизия: 0x0000

Информация Kernel Extension: Не загружено Kext

Anybody know whats wrong? Anyone have luck with this videocard?