Little Help w/ Determining Sound Card

jim256

4 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, this is a little embarrassing but...to be honest I don't know what kind of sound card I have, and was wondering if anyone might be willing to help out?

I am just using an onboard one w/ my mobo, which is listed in my sig...

I did try searching and downloading a few different kexts and giving them a shot...but never w/ any luck. I am thinking something to do w/ Realtek Azalia AC97, but to be honest I don't know too well what these things mean :S

Sorry :S, any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.

Anyone?

I know that it is Realtek, and that it ....uses (?) Azalia, but I don't know which codec is right for my onboard sound (ALC 888 888A 889 etc..), is there any way to figure out which codec is used so that I can go driver / kext hunting for it?

Thanks guys,

Jim.

Sorry guys, this is a little embarrassing but...to be honest I don't know what kind of sound card I have, and was wondering if anyone might be willing to help out?

I am just using an onboard one w/ my mobo, which is listed in my sig...

I did try searching and downloading a few different kexts and giving them a shot...but never w/ any luck. I am thinking something to do w/ Realtek Azalia AC97, but to be honest I don't know too well what these things mean :S

Sorry :S, any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.

Post the output of an 'lsipci' (that command will tell you)