(How To) Install OSX86 on a AMD Phenom with SB700 - The Easy Way!

linuxgx

4 posts in this topic

Update: Ignore My Tutorial There is a new Distro that makes it all useless if you want a look click the link bellow

http

://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...152076&hl=

My Box (I'm a linux programer bear with me here)

- AMD Kuma 2.7 Dual Core CPU (oc 3.2ghz)

- 8GB DDR2 1066 (oc 1200)

- Asus M3A78-EM "Use something Else I'm having a hell of a time finding sound drivers"

- My Sound Fix (Here is a USB Sound Card for $7.99)

- GeForce 8800GT - oc

- Samsung 7200rpm 700GB 16mb catch

Step One:

-You "Must first find a copy of Lawless's 10.5.4 OSX86 Phenom ISO" - Search for - 'Lawlessppc'

Step Two:

-Burn the Disk at 4x

Step Three:

-Disable all SATA Drive - Trust Me!

Step Four:

- (Using an External USB DVD Drive or a PATA with the Jumpers Manually set to Master) Insert the OSX-DVD - Also Drive as the first Boot Device

- Install OSX to an external USB Device with at least 8GB of Space (Strongly Recommended to be a Hard Disk rather than Pen Drive)

Step Five:

-Allow the system to reboot and switch the USB Device to be the Main Boot device.

Step Six:

-In OSX - Use Kext Helper 7 to install the SB700 Chipset Drivers - (This will Fix SATA, ESATA, and LAN)

SB700.zip

Step Seven:

-Shut Down Your PC and Re Attach your SATA Drives and/or PATA - This includes your DVD-Rom

Step Eight:

-Start your pc

Step Nine:

-Using SuperDuper Free- (Download Here) - Clone your USB Device with OSX on it to your STAT Device.

Step Ten:

-Restart with your new SATA Drive that you Cloned your drive to as the First Boot Device, Unplug your temp USB Devices

Step Eleven:

-Enjoy your new Hackintosh - And Please Be Sure to Post a Thank you if you used this tutorial

Notes: the Lawless install CD seems to take 3x longer to load than any other but it does work stick in there.

p.s. your on your own for any other drivers you need I listed enough stuff - just upload the Kexts' for your device with Kext Helper

I'm thinking about creating my own OSX86 Distro with the Voodo Kernel but for now this should help most of you

Keywords:

Phenom

SB700

780G

M3A78-EM

GoBugz.com - Web Development (Sites Starting at $59)

Step Four:

- (Using an External USB DVD Drive or a PATA with the Jumpers Manually set to Master) Insert the OSX-DVD - Also Drive as the first Boot Device

- Install OSX to an external USB Device with at least 8GB of Space (Strongly Recommended to be a Hard Disk rather than Pen Drive)

Is there any other way to do this if you do not have a external dvd drive ie: can you do it on another computer?

Is there any other way to do this if you do not have a external dvd drive ie: can you do it on another computer?

Well Ducky Just release a patched copy of OSX86 that allows the SB700 chipset to work try searhing for it on mininova

• 11 months later...

Doesn't work for me.

SATA (AHCI mode) HDD and DVD are not visible - installed as per instructions on USB HDD with PC drives disconnected, installed kexts, repaired permissions (maybe I should have done this?), rebooted with drives attached - nothing happened...\Apart from that everything works fine

Trying to find this Ducky OS X...seems it is gone from torrents...