MacDrive and Norton Ghost

Braveheart

5 posts in this topic

I Need my hard drive space back at the end of my Drive, as my new Mac partition is running out.

Im in the prosess of using macdrive to create my partition on a USB2 Drive, and then copying my mac instalation over to it whith ghost, then repartitioning my 6 Gig to 15 with macdrive and then ghosting back, has anyone tried this? seems to be going OK so far.

Im wondering if ghost will just Ghost a 6 gig partition again.

Ill keep posting updates.

No Luck so far Ghost won't see USB Drive...

I Need my hard drive space back at the end of my Drive, as my new Mac partition is running out.

Im in the prosess of using macdrive to create my partition on a USB2 Drive, and then copying my mac instalation over to it whith ghost, then repartitioning my 6 Gig to 15 with macdrive and then ghosting back, has anyone tried this? seems to be going OK so far.

Im wondering if ghost will just Ghost a 6 gig partition again.

Ill keep posting updates.

No Luck so far Ghost won't see USB Drive...

I tried the Ghost route and had no success. The image restore method seems to be the most effective.

No luck at all with ghost,

But now trying new Method.

Have installed Macdrive 6 on PC side of things.

So now i can see Mac Drives and Partitions.

So im formating a 20 gig mac drive on the end of my drive and a 6 in the middle.

Installing OSx86 tiger on the 6 then booting into windows and selecting all files in 6 gig and copying them into the 20 if this works i will delete the 6 and have a twenty gig mac on the end of my drive and then reclaim the 6 back for the PC at the beggining...

My Specs are Compaq Evo N1000v Mac works good on this, sound and all.

40 gig drive In the end hopefully 20 for Mac and 20 for PC.

sse2 Patched, most things work on the mac side.

Dell wireless card does not work. But thats all everything else does so far.

Does anyone know if the copy paste method will work?

Macdrive 6 seems to show up all the files good for getting rid of kext folders to...

Have you had any luck with this yet?

I once installed from scratch using patched DVD in VMWare, then ghosted the vmware (28GB) drive onto an external USB drive, attached USB drive to laptop, ran ghost then restored image. This was waaay faster than doing a dd to write an image. Took about 17 min to do the restore. Use Ghost 8.0 or 8.2, they work well with usb drives.