!Kalyway Installation Problem!

CreedMac

6 posts in this topic

The screen freezes or the installation stop! I don't even get to the real installation menu! Watch the movie I uploaded to Youtube:

I burned the ISO with IMGburn in 1x speed

Please help!!

//Creed ;)

I maybe burned the DVD wrong... I burned the DEBUG file and the readme to the DVD. I have 1 more DVD-R so I can burn a new if that is the problem!

too much moving around. it's hard to read the kernel dependency backtrace. you need those 4-5 lines to see what kernel extensions are incompatible. it's also possible you need to choose a different kernel.

take a picture and post it or just type them out.

post detailed hardware specs in your signature

click >> My Controls >> Edit My Signature

also post what configuration you chose in kalyway, every single selection you made.

GL

Okay I uploaded a big picture so you can zoom-in!

http://rapidshare.com/files/189277589/260.JPG.html

http://sv.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=aagbhd&s=5

How I do the setup

1. Put the dvd in

2. Press F8 at start

3. Write -v -x

4. waiting for the installation (see the video)

I tried and wrote -x -s and then in the end of the long text and it says

If you want to make modifications to files:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:

exit

-sh-3.2# [Writecursor here]

Should I write exit? :(

Yes, you can type exit.

Single user mode, as flagged by -s is often used for debugging, editing / moving / deleting files (mostly kernel extensions), calling premade scripts, etc. In the case of kalyway, there's a script to move video drivers.

Are you booting off a SATA DVD drive? If you are, then you might need to use another custom build, like iDeneb or IPC. From the boot log, it looks like it's having problems with power management and the PCI bridge - but to what, I don't know. Someone else might know exactly what has caused the kernel panic.

Another quick test: Try booting with only 2GB of RAM. I also started with Kalyway early last year, but I only had 3GB at that time. I also had to get a SATA DVD drive, and tossed out my IDE one.

Burning DVDs on an IDE optical drive in a system with 4GB of RAM often causes kernel panics, even in 10.5.6. Your situation might be related to this RAM bug.