Atheros AR5007EG on 10.5.6

LtBrenton

14 posts in this topic

Hi, so I figured the weirdness of the AR5007 on 10.5.6 warrants its own discussion thread, maybe we can get it working too

My system:

Toshiba Equium P200:

Intel Pentium Dual-Core, 2GB RAM

Audio: Some form of HDA Intel (working with Azalia)

Graphics: Mobile Intel 945GM (IIRC)

Wireless: AR5007EG

LAN: either Realtek or Attansic, working OOB

I've tried *ALL* the methods in the previous AR5007 thread, believe me, all of them - changed en0 to en1, patched my DSDT, installed several IO80211Family.kext's, but no dice - wi-fi turns on and appears to work OK, however doesn't find any networks and Kismac just sits there scanning endlessly.

So, let's get some 10.5.6 specific discussion going :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT IT IS WORKING: For those of you running 10.5.6, I recommend you use ToH Sleep Kernel and follow the methods in the other thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just installed the sleep kernel, no difference for me. Using iPC 10.5.6 on a compaq c700, atheros 5007.

Everything looks like it's going to work great, but when i hit "start seach" in kismac, nothing happens after it loads the driver/auths me. i don't get it.

EDIT: In console, KisMAC gives me "Error opening airport device using pcap_set_datalink()" The only reference I can find to pcap_set_datalink is in some obscure codehacking mailing lists. Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

whats going on with 10.5.6 did apple break something on purpose? for example, my neatgear wnp311 works great with the drivers on 10.5.4 but nothing I tried makes my card work in 10.5.6

also my firewire card does not show up in 10.5.6

I can still use it for my pro audio and video stuff, in 10.5.4 everything works.

I just dont understand if it works in 10.5.4 what happened in 10.5.6?

• 2 months later...

Got it working again, ironically from reading my original post and following my own instructions to the letter :D

The absolutely bizarre part of all this? It seems to break my graphics driver! :P

About 55-60% of the time I boot with the IO80211Family.kext from the main AR5007 thread, I get the neverending bluescreen hang...however if I disable the GMA950 drivers and boot to VESA it comes up sweet as a nut every time. Any thoughts on this? :(

OK...fixed the graphics driver problems with some kexts found in another thread (I can't remember offhand which thread)

Now the wi-fi card appears to be permanently pining for the fjords under Mac, the best I can do is a KisMAC scan which finds no networks. The worst is a KisMAC scan resulting in a kernel panic...Any ideas?

• 2 months later...