Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeekMan

NVidia GeForce FX 5200

17 posts in this topic

I hate to be this poster, but I'm stumped and I need assistance.

I'm trying to get CI/QE working on my PCI NVidia GeForce FX 5200, but to no avail. The card is correctly recognized in System Profiler, and I can change to multiple resolutions, but CI/QE still elude me! I'm using Kalyway's 10.5.2 with ToH's Sleep_Kernel.

I have done the following:

- Installed NVInject 0.2.1, NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV30Hal.kext, GeForce.kext, and Titan.kext

- I have set the IOPCIMatch to my card's ID (0x032210de) in the Info.plists of the above, where applicable

- Repaired all permissions and ownership

- Set my NVCAP in NVInject using Property List Editor.app

- Tried removing the individual kexts listed above in varying combinations

- Booted with -v -f most of the time

Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot of the How-Tos on this forum were meant for 10.4.x, so I've no idea if I'm following up-to-date or archaic instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

UPDATE: I've switched from NVInject and Titan to Natit. Still no CI/QE.

I'm starting to suspect that the problem is with the GeForce drivers themselves. What version should I be using? Do I need GeForce kexts from a 10.4.x system?

Okay! I'm good to go. :( CI/QE Supported, dual monitor support enabled. The NVCAP is spot-on!

I used the NVInject provided by monaco78 and the OSX NVidia drivers from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

I put my card's Device/Vendor ID string (0x032210de&0x000ffff) into the PrimaryIOPCIMatch field of "Info.plist" in GeForce.kext, NVDANV30HAL.kext, and NVDAResman.kext

monaco78: I'm perplexed though. When I had a look at the Info.plist of the NVinject.kext which you provided, the PrimaryIOPCIMatch field was generic (0x000010de&0x000ffff). The vendor ID is there, but not the specific device.

It was my understanding that it was a requirement to put your specific Dev/Ven ID in the plist of your injector. This seems not to be the case. Can you clarify?

That being asked, thank you so much!

Cheers,

- GeekMan

Okay! I'm good to go. :( CI/QE Supported, dual monitor support enabled. The NVCAP is spot-on!

Glad to hear that :)

I used the NVInject provided by monaco78 and the OSX NVidia drivers from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

You did not have to install those drivers for your videocard to work

I put my card's Device/Vendor ID string (0x032210de&0x000ffff) into the PrimaryIOPCIMatch field of "Info.plist" in GeForce.kext, NVDANV30HAL.kext, and NVDAResman.kext

monaco78: I'm perplexed though. When I had a look at the Info.plist of the NVinject.kext which you provided, the PrimaryIOPCIMatch field was generic (0x000010de&0x000ffff). The vendor ID is there, but not the specific device.

It was my understanding that it was a requirement to put your specific Dev/Ven ID in the plist of your injector. This seems not to be the case. Can you clarify?

It is not a requirement if it loads ok

That being asked, thank you so much!

You're welcome :)

Yes, same problem. Now I'm proving to make ALL manually, but I haven't NVCAP for my board.

Sorry to hear that. I don't think your video problem is related to nvcaps.

If you have Intel integrated video, try to backup and remove all the AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts from your extentions folder and see if it helps

Sorry to hear that. I don't think your video problem is related to nvcaps.

If you have Intel integrated video, try to backup and remove all the AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts from your extentions folder and see if it helps

No, my mobo doesn't have integrated vga ports. What to do?

EDIT: Is Boot task saved in a file? Would like to post it.

No, my mobo doesn't have integrated vga ports. What to do?

EDIT: Is Boot task saved in a file? Would like to post it.

Try this one, If this does't work for you, then I don't know what else I can do.

don't forget to remove any injector (NVinject.kext/NVKush.kext/Natit.kext/Titan.kext) from your extensions folder before you install and use kexthelper to install.

Kext_Helper_b7.app.rar

Titan.kext.zip

I had this card and while it worked great under Tiger I believe Apple has stopped supporting it in Leopard, so you may never get a satisfactory result. I think you are better off just buying a new card (I bought the 8400GS, it was on sale and seems to work fine with EFI strings). Good luck!