Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midnightneedles

Craigs list?

10 posts in this topic

Advertisement

they aren't. you can e-mail but it's more than likely a scam of some sort. most people that want stuff from you will ask you to send it to africa or to have it paid with paypal. while paypal is usually pretty safe, it's still possible to get scammed through it. people that want to sell things will frequently have you pay using western union. trust me. i got scammed once. not gonna happen again.

bottom line is that if they aren't willing to meet locally then it's not real.

It could have also been stolen Macbook Air computers that someone had taken from someone else. I will be really careful and investigate more where these computers really come from...

I knew it seemed bogus but just wondered about it.

these people are ridiculous if they think they can just scam people off and get off scott free.

what is happening to integrity these days

I "Bought" one. I foolishly paid $400 for an almost new Macbook, and had to do a Western Union Money Transfer. I didn't know the risk involved, so I went ahead and did it. I have not heard anything from them since. The persons email address is bolddreamer something at a generic email address. The person will claim to be "amy" who use to live in the United States, but is now living in the UK. she will send you DHL emails that will "show" you how the purchase will work out. It is all a farce, and please don't get scammed like I did!

I really wanted to know who is foolish enough to fall for anything like this. luckily a couple brave and ehem, not so smart* souls stepped up. Take a lesson from them, OR take a lesson from me and use common sense.

it directly ties into the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

*no offense: I'm just using you as an example, which you already did to yourself :)

I bought my iMac G3 through craigslist when I was 13. Its just a matter of finding someone legit.

If you're buying off craigslist.. if it's not local and you can't see and test it out before handing the cash.. don't do it because it's 99% a scam if they ask for PayPal or some other form of money other than cash.

That said.. I bought my Aluminum Macbook for $1150 on Craigslist when they retailed for $1299 + tax back in November 2008. So you can get good deals.. just do it locally.

I really wanted to know who is foolish enough to fall for anything like this. luckily a couple brave and ehem, not so smart* souls stepped up. Take a lesson from them, OR take a lesson from me and use common sense.

it directly ties into the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

*no offense: I'm just using you as an example, which you already did to yourself ;)

None taken Omakayd. I admit, I was foolish. But I learned a lot from doing that, and trust me, I'm not going to do that again. :XD

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0