System time always delayed/slowed

kcome

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

Maybe this is a problem which had been discussed and maybe this is a just minor trivial, however, I can't find a solution very quickly by searching thousands of hundreds topics/replies for this.

My 10.5.6 runs very smoothly except for my system time is always slowed after a period of use, almost 10 minutes later than the real time after 2-3 hours of using.

If you know the solution or even a keyword to help me get pass this problem, please just give me a quick reply, i would be appreciated very much!

Thanks in advance~~

Harry

I have kicked off the reason: BIOS battery run out.

The hardware clock time is accurate because after leaving leopard, I checked the system time in bios it is healthy, not slow.

So maybe the problem is in AppleSMBIOS or voodoo kernel.

Could anybody give me some hints?

Thanks so much

I have kicked off the reason: BIOS battery run out.

The hardware clock time is accurate because after leaving leopard, I checked the system time in bios it is healthy, not slow.

So maybe the problem is in AppleSMBIOS or voodoo kernel.

Could anybody give me some hints?

Thanks so much

I've heard someone having the problem where there clock would pick whatever time it felt like, the problem was voodoo kernel.

I've heard someone having the problem where there clock would pick whatever time it felt like, the problem was voodoo kernel.

Thanks very much~~ I will try to find some solution :(

BTW, do you have any suggestion which kernel I could choose? seems there isn't other SSE2 kernels around~