trial boot osx/winxp/windows7

3 posts in this topic

lo there,

i want to trial boot osx, winxp and win7

i installed win7 the last and after that i restored the mbr to a previous state to get back chameleon (and be able to boot osx).

then chameleon leave me the choice to boot osx or xp : win7 boot option does not launch the os, chameleon sees the third partition, but when you choose it, you're stuck on a black scrren as if the partition was not bootable.

i guess win7 uses the same boot system as vista and would not boot whithout its own bootloader somewhere.

unfortunatly, i used easybcd to try to remove the win7 bcd loader and it worked perfectly, that's why i'm not able now to boot win7

previously, i was able to boot win7 when choosing win xp in chameleon : win 7 installed his own bootloader on the xp partition also, so the trial boot was almost ok.

in chameleon when i choosed leopard (partition 1) it was working direct to osx, and when choosing xp (partition 2), it went to a win7 bootloader asking me if i want to boot in win7 or old version of windows (win xp then).

at this stage i'm searching for a solution to make my third partition (win7) bootable so i could launch the os from chameleon.

any idea to edit the win7 bcd whithout having the possibility to boot in a vista compatible os ?

many thanks in advance.

just go into the OSX boot menu an select the windows 7 partition :D

Thanks for helping, but can't really understand your point ?

what do you call OSX boot menu ? Darwin bootloader ?

at least i finnaly found a solution, i posted it in this thread :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=144153

hope this helps.

peace,

DuBmastah