Audio Problem

9 posts in this topic

I've got a problem with getting the audio running.

I've edited the Info.plist file, as said in the guide on the wiki, i've loaded the kext, which worked.

But I still dont have sound. Nothing comes up in system profiler, nothing in the sound control panel applet, and no volume control.

I'm using the Intel 845 chipset which has the intel 82801BA sound processor.

Anyone care to help?!

as i recall in the audio guide it says you should change the NVIDIA part, instead you should try changing the ich2 part of the file (if you made any changes - you should revert them - if the same deviceid is in 2 different places of the same file it wont work)

I've got a problem with getting the audio running.

I've edited the Info.plist file, as said in the guide on the wiki, i've loaded the kext, which worked.

But I still dont have sound. Nothing comes up in system profiler, nothing in the sound control panel applet, and no volume control.

I'm using the Intel 845 chipset which has the intel 82801BA sound processor.

Anyone care to help?!

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! you cant boot up in safe mode! when i boot up in safe mode -x to bypass the ati driver conflict, my sound driver doesnt appear at all. i finally deleted all my ati.kext in the extensions folder with MACDRIVE via windows. i tried deleting them in osx but it still wouldnt let me boot up without safe mode. MAC DRIVE has a full functional 6 day trial. go to my computer in windows after installing macdrive. open your mac drive with osx install on it. browse to "/System/Library" then right click on the Library folder and click search. type "ati" in search field. delete everything that comes up.if you have nvidia card do the same but delete all nvidia files. now you wont have to boot with the -x flag and your sound card will be available in system prefs now. just to prove safe mode was the problem. if i -x at the startup and log in safe mode my sound card disappears again.

google your soundcard chipset (intel 82801BA in the case above) there you will find the answer...

Oh right, I thought it was written on the board or somthing.

Well, Its an ICH2 chipset.

So that means that the Device id and Vendor id must go in the ich2 section. What do I do about the rest? They all seem to have the same dev and ven id as my card :)

//edit

Well, I deleted all the dict sections apart from the ICH2 one, and added my dev/ven id in there (which was already there). I loaded the kext, which worked. But I still don't get any sound. The Sound control panel applet thingy tells me there's no sound card installed.

Well, I deleted all the dict sections apart from the ICH2 one, and added my dev/ven id in there (which was already there). I loaded the kext, which worked. But I still don't get any sound. The Sound control panel applet thingy tells me there's no sound card installed.

atleast you have a chance to have your sound up and running... :) i have the ALI5451M sound chipset which wont be supported anytime soon (if ever...) :)

have you tried the kextload command?

you can also try looking in your "system profiler"->extensions->appleac97audio and check if it loads properly.

Strange.

The AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext loads perfectly, it even comes up with i do the kextstat command. Yet, it doesn't appear in the list when i go into the extentions part of system profiler.

sams-computer:/Users/sam root# cd /System/Library/Extensions
sams-computer:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextload AppleAC97Audio.kext
kextload: AppleAC97Audio.kext loaded successfully
sams-computer:/System/Library/Extensions root# kextstat
Index Refs Address    Size       Wired      Name (Version) <Linked Against>
   1    1 0x0        0x0        0x0        com.apple.kernel (8.1.0)

<snip>

56    0 0xd749c000 0x8000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntel8255x (1.4) <53 22 5 4 3 2>
  57    1 0xd7414000 0x16000    0x15000    com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.5.5b2) <31 11>
  59    0 0xd999a000 0xd000     0xc000     com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio (1.0.0) <57 11>
sams-computer:/System/Library/Extensions root#