ATI Mobility Radeon X1350

super_engine

41 posts in this topic

YES YES YES !!!!!!

After hundreds tries now i have enabled QE/CI on my HP 6820s Laptop

The Graphic Card is an ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1350 (DeviceID 7196 - Vendor 1002)

What i do

1- EDITED ATIRadeonX1000.Kext - in the info.plist change the first Devide ID in the "IOPCIMatch" section. Change with the DeviceID of our X1350 (7196). So you must write "71961002" changing the first DeviceID wrote on that section (for istance if the first DeviceID is 71451002 change it with 71961002)

2- EDITED ATIRadeonX1000 HEX file - Using an HEX editor (like 0xED) you must change the deleted DeviceID in the first point with the new one (our 7196). Go in find, choose HEX type search and change 4571 with 9671 (invert the second pair with the first pair). Use HEX search and "Replace All". After do the same with 7145 (old DeviceID) and 7196 (new one).

After chmod, chown, remove caches, remove extensions.mkext, repair parmissions, build new mkext, and restart with -v -f

At the moment i don't using NATIT or ATIinject

For the noobies i attach the edited kext for X1350

I think that this method can work also for othe X1xxx Graphics Cards.

At the moment i have QE/CI enable but the only problem is the display definition (at the moment i have maximun 1152x864 but my laptop display is 1440x900) - I working for solve this last problem

You are invited to help my job

I wait your feedbacks

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip_X1350_Working.zip

Doesn't seem to work on my X1300 Pro (Device ID 7183), I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though incase of any developments.

[EDIT]

To be more specific no QE/CI and no resolution change what-so-ever. This also appears in the system logs. Hope that helps a little.

Dec 24 21:52:25 test-drives-dell-dxp061 kextd[92]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000
Dec 24 21:52:25 test-drives-dell-dxp061 kextd[92]: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext
Dec 24 21:52:26 test-drives-dell-dxp061 kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

• 3 weeks later...

does this work for 1300? also does it change resolution or just enable qe because ive enabled that before and had no resolution change but mouse tearing so it was pointless and i uninstalled it. i still have no hope for a new resolution. thanks!!!! : ]

No, qui il modo ci deve essere! Io è più di un anno che tento con la mia x1300 mobility tra varie modifiche al ATIRadeonX1000.Kext (ho id:7149 e vend 1002). il file l'ho creato e abilita il QE/CI ma ha problemi di mouse tearing e l'impossibilità di cambio di risoluzione.. DOBBIAMO FARCELA!

• 1 month later...
YES YES YES !!!!!!

What i do

1- EDITED ATIRadeonX1000.Kext - in the info.plist change the first Devide ID in the "IOPCIMatch" section. Change with the DeviceID of our X1350 (7196). So you must write "71961002" changing the first DeviceID wrote on that section (for istance if the first DeviceID is 71451002 change it with 71961002)

2- EDITED ATIRadeonX1000 HEX file - Using an HEX editor (like 0xED) you must change the deleted DeviceID in the first point with the new one (our 7196). Go in find, choose HEX type search and change 4571 with 9671 (invert the second pair with the first pair). Use HEX search and "Replace All". After do the same with 7145 (old DeviceID) and 7196 (new one).

After chmod, chown, remove caches, remove extensions.mkext, repair parmissions, build new mkext, and restart with -v -f

At the moment i have QE/CI enable but the only problem is the display definition (at the moment i have maximun 1152x864 but my laptop display is 1440x900) - I working for solve this last problem

I wait your feedbacks

Hello!

I only get 1024x768.

My laptop default display resolution is 1280x800.

Laptop: LG Z1 Pro Express Dual

Help? :)

• 5 weeks later...
Hello,

You'd probably consider me as a noobie concerning the questions I will raise below, but this is my first experience with mac and so far, I've already been able to install MAC OSX86 Kalyway image previously download and burned onto dvd media.

This is where success story ends and where I require the help from the community...indeed, after a successful install on an Hp compaq 6820s laptop machine using some of the available installation options proposed in the image, I am stuck on :

Installing video, network and sound adapters to enable better display resolution, network connectivity and some audio ;-) The system is running using Intel core duo 2 processors T7250 running at 2.0ghz, probably a similar machine as your ?

The components are : ATI Mobility Radeon X1350, Intel ?PRO? Wireless 3945ABG including bluetooth and SoundMax cards

I have read your success story about solving the video issue, but as my knowledge is very basic, would it be possible to provide me a detailed procedure to follow (like step by step) in order to take advantage of your shared information.

Have you been able to manage the configuration of netword and sound adapter and if yes, would it be possible to receive information in order to install these components as well.

Thanking you in advance for your precious help, I am looking forward to read from you or anybody else in here.

Sergio.

Are also you italian ?

For to enable graphics card you can download the attached file and install it with kexthelper (a very fine application for installing the kext files in very very easy mode)

After reboot the machine in verbose mode (press F8 at the strat of machine and at the prompt write -v -f enter and....pray)

if all is OK you'll have the QE/CI enabled

For the WiFi card of our HP6820s no hope

For the sound card see on the forum. there is a topic with the right kext for our card (AD1980 or AD1986)

Good Luck

Are also you italian ?

For to enable graphics card you can download the attached file and install it with kexthelper (a very fine application for installing the kext files in very very easy mode)

After reboot the machine in verbose mode (press F8 at the strat of machine and at the prompt write -v -f enter and....pray)

For the sound card see on the forum. there is a topic with the right kext for our card (AD1980 or AD1986)

Good Luck

Are also you italian ?

Good Luck

Are also you italian ?

Good Luck

Hello again,

No, I am not italian, but I can speak a bit of italian as I use to have italian friends.

Anyway, thanks for your information, I will look for kexthelper in order to be able to use your files.

Mille grazie per il tuo aiuto,

Cioa,

Sergio.

good information. can you attach here the wifi-kext working on your laptop ???

No for the full resolution ho good news at the moment

The wifi (broadcom) is working for me. (Using kexts from ideneb v4, Vanilla 10.5.6 Kernel).

Any luck getting the full resolution ?

good information. can you attach here the wifi-kext working on your laptop ???

No for the full resolution ho good news at the moment

Yes. Here it is. Hope it works for you. I also attach a shell script I found which you might find interesting if the kext doesn't work for you.

Also, I had no luck getting CI/QE to work with the kext you provided. Can you please check to see if you didn't make any mistakes ? Thanks. Also, what kernel are you using ?

bc.zip

bcm43xx_enabler.zip

Hi,

I'm complete new to Mac I have same laptop 6820s I still don't know witch video driver to use for installing osx on my laptop. Still trying, some black screens :D

I hope I will manage (still don't know how :D ) to enable QE QI as super_engine explained (thanks for that) and found very interesting thread wich I hope someone could look and say if it works for our laptops

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...3C/t156235.html

this guy fixed resoliutions :)

Good luck everyone!

Hoho Just did it with no video driver :)

Hello again!

I use iDeneb 10.5.6 Universal Final

I see there is draiver for wifi card Intel 3945 witch I have, I selected in it in instalation process but airport says could not find wireless device, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do may be I make mistake but don't know where :s

Thanks in advance!

PS. Super_Engine I have almost the same desktop like you (but Asus P5K-E and ATI video) and the same laptop ;)

Can you set a resolution 1280x800 or will be possible, but at x1250 mobility with id 791F at Ati RS960M Chipset in Asus F3ka notebook?

• 2 weeks later...

@super_engine can you please add the results of this command:

$ kextstat|grep ATI

82 0 0x3482e000 0x5e000 0x5d000 com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (5.3.0) <65 64 17 12 6 5 4 2>

i'm using your kext but can't get QE/QI enabled, i tried everthing.

• 2 weeks later...

so does x1300 mobility have 1280 res yet? been waiting over 2 years now and cant understand these replys at all. thank you! you can email me at dustin@dagdesign.com if there is finally a cure! thank you : )

• 1 month later...
YES YES YES !!!!!!

What i do

I wait your feedbacks

I am brand new to using OSX on a PC. Yesterday I installed osx on a HP 6820s that has a x1350 video card in it. I installed your kext and at first it didn't work. It took some messing around and rebuilding of permissions for it to work for me. I still am not at my native resolution but it looks much better. Have you gotten any closer to making this 1440X900?

Could you tell me how you got the rest of your hardware to work on your 6820s. Nothing I try seems to work. I need screen brightness controls, full keyboard use and power options to work. My keyboard works but the side number entry area does not. Any chance you could do a writeup on installing OSX on these laptops and how to do what is needed step by step?

bene meno male,si ok vorrei poter arrivarci,ma non capisco la tua procedura...non sono esperto...se c provo il risultato e' sempre lo stesso 1024x768 e bug grafici lasciati dal mouse e anceh dalle pagine internet e altro ancora...e pero si abilita il ci/qe consigli?