• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
french squared

Windows 7 and Mac Drive

111 posts in this topic

I am also having the same problem were it will not recognize my external, my OSX partition of my hardrive, or my flash drive. When I go into Computer Management I get the same error of it being an unallocated partition

add myself to the list of people who can't seem to get macdrive 7 to read a HFS drive in windows... Kinda ironic, The software cant even read a drive it formats.

Are you all pay attention to the readme and the batch file during the update.

You have to install the app then run the update.

Sorry, I didnt make it. Just thought I would share it.

I had it working, but have sense changed to the 64bit version.

Others have it working.

Are you all pay attention to the readme and the batch file during the update.

You have to install the app then run the update.

Sorry, I didnt make it. Just thought I would share it.

I had it working, but have sense changed to the 64bit version.

Others have it working.

There is no batchfile in the zipfile i downloaded form your site.

112a63p.png

Ive found a program called HFSExplorer created my catacombae (google it). It requires Java and looks like it would work; i've downloaded it however it says it cannot find my mac hard drive anyone else willing to try it and report back?

Worked for me just :D Hope I helped

Download HFSExplorer : http://hem.bredband.net/catacombae/index2.html

Install the latest Java.

Install HFSExplorer.

Restart.

Click Start > All Programs > HFSExplorer > Run HFSExplorer in Admin. mode.

It may come up with an error about a .dll file ignore it and click ok.

Click File > Load file system from device.

Click Autodetect.. Choose the correct drive then ok.

Hope I Helped

see none of these programs are useful. i dont care to extract files from my hfs partition, i just want to share them... i dont need 2 copies of every song and photo on each drive.. so thats why i used macdrive, it told windows it had read access to it.. thats all i want..

So everyone knows by now that Mac Drive's installer wont work in Windows 7.

I have an idea. It is the installer not the application that isnt working.

Mac drive looks at your OS then realizes it isnt XP, Vista or whatever and quits.

Install Vista, Install Mac Drive then upgrade to Windows 7

Mac Drive will already be installed therefor you wont have the issues.

I have tried installing:

Adobe CS3

Adobe CS4

MS Office

Wireshark

Putty

Hamachi

Firefox

Stuffit

WinRar

Several Printer Drivers

and lots of other stuff.

Everything but Mac Drive works.

Windows 7 has basically the same registry as Vista.

There is no reason for Mac Drive not to work

Good Luck

I will try this myself in a few days

but I need a computer to try it on.

lmao, just run it in compatibility mode for vista XD

Hi all

Finally managed to install a working copy of macvidia 7.2.5 on windows 7 x64. Everything is working as with vista. Attached screen shot. I can read and write to all mac hfs drives as before. I had to mod the msi file and then run in vista compatabilty mode. Message me if you need further instruction. Still testing this, so if I find a problems I will post them, but I think it will be ok, as mentioned "windows 7 is Vista SP2"

post-22824-1231959633_thumb.png

Hi all

Finally managed to install a working copy of macvidia 7.2.5 on windows 7 x64. Everything is working as with vista. Attached screen shot. I can read and write to all mac hfs drives as before. I had to mod the msi file and then run in vista compatabilty mode. Message me if you need further instruction. Still testing this, so if I find a problems I will post them, but I think it will be ok, as mentioned "windows 7 is Vista SP2"

He guy's - Update THIS IS %100 working. Big mistake saying message me - my inbox now filling up. I will post instructions in the next couple of hours.

Right, here’s the instructions for how i got Macdrive fully working on Win 7 x64 (and I’m sure this works for 32bit aswell).

The problem is, as discussed before that the program is looking for Vista or XP with SP’s. So what we will is change the installer to look for Win 7.

In order to get this working you will need the latest release of MacDrive and a program called Orca found at http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html.

1. Firstly extract the Macdrive exe package using winrar or similar to a directory on your hard drive. You will then have a directory called macdrive_7.2.5_en_setup containing a setup.exe file and 2 folders.

2. Open the folder named MacDrive and then open on the corresponding folder for your os, in my case x64.en-US. Within this folder you will find the msi installer package.

3. Open the file MacDrive7.x64.en-US.msi (or x32 one) using the program Orca. You will then be presented with a list of Table commands on the left hand panel, and the description script on the right. Locate LaunchCondition on the Left, and on the right hand side you will see the requirement for the os at install.

4. On the Third line in the condition panel you will see

IGNORE_LAUNCH_CONDITIONS Or Installed Or ((VersionNT=501 AND ServicePackLevel>=2) Or (VersionNT=600 AND ServicePackLevel>=1) Or (VersionNT=600 And MsiNTProductType<>3))

Correct me if I’m wrong but the number 600 stand for the windows version. I think 501 is XP Sp2, 502 is Vista SP1 and 600 is Vista x64?

Anyway change the above for the following:

IGNORE_LAUNCH_CONDITIONS Or Installed Or ((VersionNT=501 AND ServicePackLevel>=2) Or (VersionNT=600 AND ServicePackLevel>=1) Or (VersionNT=601 And MsiNTProductType<>3))

The new number 601 stands for Win 7.

5. Right that’s the change needed to make this work, so next you need to click on the validate tab (the one with the red tick). This seems to change the code again slightly, not sure what it’s doing.

6. Save the file as the original.

7. To install Macdrive just click on the msi file you created. The first time I tried this the install process had an error and it didn’t install completely. So the second time I used the Win 7 compatibility wizard and ran as Vista compatible. Just right click on the file and select “troubleshoot compatibility”.

I now have a fully functioning copy of Macdrive on Win7 x64.

I can’t guarantee this working for everyone, this is my experience with it. I’ve tried upgrading from vista and macdrive was causing failure, I tried using PCmover on the macdrive file and that doesn’t work on x64 to x64.

Let me know how it goes! I'd like to know if this works on 32bit aswell

Update

Follow the instructions set out earlier but change any reference VersionNT=600 to VersionNT>=600, this means install on any system above versionnt=600, ie all versions of Win 7 64 & 32 bit.

Yeah... it works for me....

here is my little tutorial that i'm posting in some of other sites:

Install MacDrive 7.2.5...

How to do it:

1. Extract the MSI from exe using Winrar

2. Edit the MSI to accept windows 7(at LaunchConditions tab... where is something like WindowsNT=600 you put >=600)

http://www.brothersoft.com/easy-msi-editor-70589.html

3. Set compatibility mode for the MSI to Windows Vista.

4. Install normally.

I'm running MacDrive 7.2.5 at Windows 7 64-bit build 7000.

Works perfectly

(i 'heard' that an old installation trick used in Vista64 for activation still works)

Dont install macdrive_7.2.2 or macdrive_7.2.4.... it brokes Widows 7