How to set active partition for Darwin bootloader with GPT / GUID partitions

Focher

4 posts in this topic

Now that I am using the Chameleon bootloader against a GUID partitioned drive with EFI installed, fdisk no longer works to manipulate the active partition.

Have 4 partitions, and the first one is set as Active in the Darwin bootloader. However, that is my "safe" mode partition and I actually am using disk0s3 as my real install. Is there any way to set which partition is active for GUID partitioned drives?

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 just shows me a single GPT partition and then 3 unknown partitions.

Same here - would be nice to know how change / set active partition for GUID HDs.

Also, i tried out my new (added) HD using GUID Part-Table and cloned my working MBR HD OS X Volume to GUID Volume. Also installed chameleon.

Perfect boot from GUID HD, Dock, Menü all works ! (GA-Ep35, E4400 C2D)

But all Apps crashed early (really all apps, included Apple Systemapps).

????

Most be something with GUID, because i repaired owener/rights and booting + Dock+Menü worked.

After repart as MBR, cloned, chameleon install : Booting OK, and all Apps (as it should :P OK ?!

Has someone also cloned an MBR OS X Volume to GUID (not installed OS X on GUID) -maybe something must be done extra after cloning MBR > GUID with GUID, like UUID setting or so ?