2 HDD's and want to use Linux

4 posts in this topic

Hey World!

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I currently want to try out and install a copy of Fedora 10 (Don't ask! ;)) and I am not entirely sure how I would go about doing that without totally mucking up my current install.

I have 2 HDD's in my PC. Two WD 500GB Drives.

- One whole drive is dedicated to my OSX and has One Partition formatted as GUID (This is my main Mac Partition)

- One drive is sitting there slacking -_-. I want to use this slacker for Linux

I know how to switch between the two during boot and all of that is logical. What I want to know is WILL the Fedora Install somehow muck with the other drives boot process. In the end I want a Fedora install on a totally different HDD altogether which only boots if the Hard Disk has been selected using F10. Are there any issues I should be worried about or anything?

Thanks all

- Suhail

With previous versions of Fedora i have used during the install process you can select very specifically the drive/partition you want to install to and it will install the MBR to that drive(hd0 or hd1). If it doesnt it is a good idea to get the UltimateBoot CD to recover your MBR.

I also saw that whilst attempting it on a VMWare Fusion install. I reckon I should just use TheBaron's method of just removing my OSX HDD. I don't mind if the 2nd HDD where Fedora is meant to be installed has it's MBR destroyed or whatever since it doesn't hold any data... yet :(