Will not Boot

dapperyout

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have installed Mac OXS for Intel on my PC. The installation went through normally, using disk utility to make the partition using all defaults.

The problem is that the OS will not boot. After POST, there is a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen and nothing more there after. This does sound like some kind of MBR issue to me, but I am not familiar with how OSX is interacting with my PC.

Has anyone seen this type of error condition before and if so what can I do to correct it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

you can try to use the "Ultimate Boot CD" to boot into the apple partition, but it sounds like the bootloader is not setup properly.

What kind of system do you have? Are you dual-booting with XP? and what Mac OS X version are you trying to install?

i have this same problem, i installed on a Gateway MX6025, idk if its compatible but installation went perfect. i am downloading the ubcd right now, is there any other thing that will get it to boot.

Also, when i booted the installation DVD under startup disk, i can tell it to start OSX but it wont do it. any help?

Hi!

I wished that this post was the solution and not the I-join-your-club-post. But it seems like I have the same problem. When I try to boot OSX all I get is the black screen. I use the OSL2000 boot loader (Link) and it worked to boot the CD and to install OSX (10.4.5 (MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz)) but when I tried to start it again nothing happened.

I'm running the OSX on the same hard drive as Windows XP.

Pentium 4 3 Gh with HT

512 MB ram

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

And usb mouse and keyboard

I appriciate all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance!

/Igor