Laptop fan always running at max speed in kalyway (SOLVED)

6 posts in this topic

Hey!

I hope that I am posting this in the right section of the forum.

One of my problems with kalyway 10.5.2 is that no matter which kernel i choose during install (currently I am running vanilla) the computer still cant adress my duo core intel cpu.

It says that I have a "2.39 ghz unknown 1 core cpu" in system profiler but this is not something that I need to fix.

What I am concerned about though is that the laptops fan is running at max all the time whether its idle or not after I've installed os x 10.5.2 on it.

I have a new computer a "Zepto Znote 6324w" and the fans where running normal when I had vista installed so dust is not the problem.

Is it dangerous to leave it like it is right now? Can the always max fan speed hurt my computer? Are there any solutions to this which looks like being a usual issue? :)

Thanks for a great forum!

Can the always max fan speed hurt my computer? ..... nothing will be hurt ..... only the Battery backup will be less

Regards

jatin khatri

www.khatrijatin.co.nr

thanks for the answer jatinkhatri! :)

i might try ideneb 10.5.5 instead though. DO you have you any experience with that distro?

thanks for the answer jatinkhatri! :)

i might try ideneb 10.5.5 instead though. DO you have you any experience with that distro?

Ya I've installed iDeneb v 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 .... all goes very well... but not able to boot up my Notebook

but In my home desktop it runs fine without any pro.

regards

www.khatrijatin.co.nr

• 2 weeks later...
Ya I've installed iDeneb v 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 .... all goes very well... but not able to boot up my Notebook

but In my home desktop it runs fine without any pro.

regards

www.khatrijatin.co.nr

Thanks again!

I've also installed Ideneb 10.5.5 distro which work like a charm, only prob is still the maxed out fan speed but I can live with that for now

Thanks again!

I've also installed Ideneb 10.5.5 distro which work like a charm, only prob is still the maxed out fan speed but I can live with that for now

Hi!

Today at 10:55 PM I finally solved my issue regarding the laptop fan which were always running on max speed. :D

What I did was that I simply updated BIOS on my Zepto Znote 6324W from bios version "6324_z14N005" to the newer bios version "6324_z14N006"

I hope that others with the same laptop as me will have their issues removed, using this method.

However, if this will work with other laptops I do not know.. but updating to the newest bios whatever laptop you are using might be a good try.

BTW I am running Ideneb 10.5.5

Cheers!