JaS 10.5.4 Freezes/Reboots on set up

Ongeloof

4 posts in this topic

When i try to set up on my hackbook, everything installs lovely, but when it comes to the inital set up It gets to the "Do you wanna transfer from another mac" i click i dont have another (when i really do) and it all goes to {censored} and shows me a jumpy intro video again.

When i try to set up on my hackbook, everything installs lovely, but when it comes to the inital set up It gets to the "Do you wanna transfer from another mac" i click i dont have another (when i really do) and it all goes to {censored} and shows me a jumpy intro video again.

I have tried going through the other options but its no good....

Going to try through a Time Capsule back up hoockd up through ethernet. I hope it works.

If anybody knows what i can do to get past this inital flaw and problem that wuld be great.

Also my keyboard and trackpad do not work at all. They did through the install but no they don't...

Think Mark

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear (I had to boot -s twice and press Enter after the static cursor appeared to get the prompt; you may not need to), type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

5. Boot the system by typing "exit" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

6. Then reboot from HDD with "-v -f" and the OS X Login screen is presented; enter "root" as Name and for Password, the root password chosen previously, and the system logs you in as System Administrator.