Laptop display not working

ashuff

7 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Noob here. I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my Toshiba Satellite A205 S5800 laptop according to instructions found here (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...lite_A205-S5800). I am using an external monitor because I can't find a necessary kext file (appleintelgmaxfb.kext) to get the display working. No success with Google. Any ideas where I might find it?

Thx,

Vin

• 1 month later...

Success!!!! Ok check it, Like everyone else before I too couldn't find the kexts needed in Google, as i was about to giveup I though why not update see what happens read below heres what I did to get Toshiba A205-5800 to have full QE/CI supported with an external monitor.

Step 1. Install with Kalyway 10.5.1 Disc, as before in customize select all options, except in Video Drivers options, select none since they are all for ATI and nVidia displays. In Bootloaders EFI, de-select GUID and select MBR instead. Now click Install.

Step 2. Installation is now complete and the computer will restart quickly remove the dvd. Hit F8 when prompted again. This time to bypass the Setup Program because it stays on a continues never ending loop.

OK so type in:

-v -s and wait for everything to load. You should still be at the black screen with text.

Now type in:

/sbin/mount -uw / and hit enter.

now type in:

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and hit enter.

Now we need to setup the password for the account root.

Type:

passwd root and hit enter.

It will ask what you want the password to be. just put what you want and hit enter again. All done with that! Now its time to see Leopard in action (with external monitor connected).

Type: exit hit enter. (sometimes you may need to repeat that twice.)

It will now load up. for the username type in root then obviously your password.

Step 3) On a different computer find and Download Kalyway 10.5.3 UpdateCombo. burn it to CD or add it to a USB drive

A ) Install comboupdate ! Don't restart !

B ) Install kalyway kernel pkg ! To keep your old 9.2 kernel, un-select both Vanilla_kernel_9.3 and Modbin_9.3

C ) Reboot and type:

update -v and cross your fingers!

Step 4) Now you native monitor is fully supported with all resolutions!! Onto the wireless internet. Once again on a different computer go to the realtek website and download the rtl8187b driver for mac osx 10.3 - 10.4 Before we install this we need to delete a kext because leopard will get confused. Click on the hardrive and go to System/Library/Extensions folder and find rtl8187.kext. Move that baby to the trash and empty it! Now install the newly downloaded package and reboot. When we are back on goto the terminal, type this: cd / hit enter cd /System/Library/Extensions/rtl8187bt.kext/contents hit enter sudo nano info.plist hit enter now use the arrow keys to go up and down. Find near the bottom <integer/>33161</integer> and change the numbers to 33175. when done press control and x. Press y for yes and hit enter. Done. If it doesnt show up already go to applications and click on the realtek app to connect to the internet! (you might need to reboot first).

Step 5) To get the battery icon working follow the instructions here: http://apple2pc.blogspot.com/2008/03/power...hackintosh.html

Step 6) Congratz!!!! You are now one of very few with a fully working hackintosh laptop! You can now download all the updates and install any program! 6) Now make your own account. Its not the best to be using the root account! Now have fun!!

Thats it so far everything working to include time machine for the 10.5.3 update combo i didn't wanna try a new kernel but if you do let us know and add a link to your post> thanks to everyone who made Kalyway Possible. YOU ROCK!!!

• 4 months later...

hello! biggest mac noob here, havent touched an apple product since i was back in elementary lol.

ok so i got osx running on my toshiba, yay.

but i cant get the realtek wifi {censored} work? whenever i launch the realtek app, it just keeps bouncing, and i have to click on force quit.

another thing, i usually get a hang on restart. help me!!!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

All laptops that can use external monitors have a way to switch between them... you should hold the FN key down, then press the key marked LCD/CRT.... Press it once and the laptops screen will go dark and the external will turn on.