Why Windows 7 will be the best Windows ever

Paranoid Marvin

17 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just installed it on another partition. Long story short, Snow Leopard has to be miles ahead of Leopard if they want to compete.

I agree, Leopard is still much better than Windows 7, in fact if you look at Windows 7, they tried unsuccessful to mimic OS X. But babe there are not anything like the real deal :(

Guest cavallo
I agree, Leopard is still much better than Windows 7, in fact if you look at Windows 7, they tried unsuccessful to mimic OS X. But babe there are not anything like the real deal :thumbsup_anim:

As hardware also, infact without the same power supply platform there still be always a big big difference.

I have been diddling with computers since I built my first kit in 1973. All it had was 1k of RAM and a bunch of switches and LEDs. No keyboard, monitor, disk, etc. It was a $1000 introduction into the future. Fast forward a few years, the TRS80, C64, Apple II, AMIGA, LISA, PC, MAC, etc.

People will continue to loft their personal favorite above the other regardless of efficacy or usability. I have been a MACuser from the beginning, but had to pursue the PC because of the availability of usable programs. While Leopard is miles ahead of Vista on the same hardware, you have to remember that most of the caveats that Windows faces are because of 1 reason, MASS COMPATABILITY with various pieces of hardware. This is ALSO the only reason that MS has become the dominating OS worldwide, not because it is the best, but because it is the most versatile with a very diverse mix of hardware. True MS could have done better by scrapping backwards compatability and using a VM to run the "legacy" applications. I have also been a MS ALPHA and BETA tester since Win95. Windows 7 is going to end up being accepted for the same reasons listed above, it works onmost anything x86. Please do not take this as offense, but I remember YEARS ago when Apple bought into the PPC, and everyone jumped on the MAC bandwagon riding along talking about how much better and faster the PPC was than the x86 architecture. That arguement was so false that Apple wised up and moved to x86. For Apple to really deal a knockout punch to send MS reeling, they need to license the OS for use on non APPLE hardware. I have a 3 month old MAC mini and a 945GCLF2 clone that cost 1/4 of the cost and runs OSX faster.

I look at it like this, there are no restrictions to taking a Chevy V8 and dropping it into a VW bug if you have the time, money, and expertise to do it.

The other side of the arguement is that Apple readily wants the owners of new MAC's to be able to run Windows on the apple hardware. But, dont buy a copy of OSX and run it on your new PC....