Intel WiFi 5100/5300 AGN Driver?

chicman

86 posts in this topic

i was wondering since the latest ubuntu version has intel 5100 agn working is there any chance it will be working on osx86 or does any1 know how to create a 5100 kext to get it to work? i would be willing to try to create the kext but i prob am not smart enough with unix yet.

i was wondering since the latest ubuntu version has intel 5100 agn working is there any chance it will be working on osx86 or does any1 know how to create a 5100 kext to get it to work? i would be willing to try to create the kext but i prob am not smart enough with unix yet.

I already covered this. iwidarwin. http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

It's strange, but my Intel Wifi 5100 is recognized by a default install of iatkos 10.5.4. But I can't switch it on.

Maybe some hope.

I'll give it a try (modifing plists)

If you figure something out, you gotta let us know. I'm in a similar boat (got this WiFi card AND a Marvell Yukon 88E8040T Ethernet card) so I'm really desperate to get my machine online. Got my Kalyway 10.5.2 install up and running, but without internet it's useless to me (kinda wanna mess around with th iPhone SDK but to do that I need 10.5.4 which I don't think I can get offline. And yes, I know not to use the Apple Updater. Fastest way to break my install and blah blah blah). I need to get online or else I'll go crazy and sell stuff I normally wouldn't in order to get a MacBook! No one wants that. No one.

If you figure something out, you gotta let us know. I'm in a similar boat (got this WiFi card AND a Marvell Yukon 88E8040T Ethernet card) so I'm really desperate to get my machine online. Got my Kalyway 10.5.2 install up and running, but without internet it's useless to me (kinda wanna mess around with th iPhone SDK but to do that I need 10.5.4 which I don't think I can get offline. And yes, I know not to use the Apple Updater. Fastest way to break my install and blah blah blah). I need to get online or else I'll go crazy and sell stuff I normally wouldn't in order to get a MacBook! No one wants that. No one.

I am using same hardware on my Toshiba M800.

Also my audio is not detected.

hope there is a intel wifi 5100's kext very soon.

my laptop:

Conexant Cx20561 (only speaker works, jack-out doesnt work...)

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (not work)

Broadcom NetLink BCM5906M PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (not work)

• 3 weeks later...

it sounds like you have the acer notebook :)

i just installed ideneb 1.3 on this system. it has the nvidia 9600gt and the wifi 5100

i got the 9600gt working perfectly in 5 minutes. it was very easy. Just follow these instructions:

Yay!! Finally got mine working with QE/CI.

1. fresh install iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (no graphics driver selected)

2. reboot -x

3. install aqua-mac's package

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/NVID...rivers.zip.html

4. reboot

5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3

http://www.mediafire.com/?iltt3ezn1uh

6. reboot

I wasted 2 days trying to do this originally using my old 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 upgrade and doing MBP kext tranfer, the Boot.plist modifying using gfxutil & osx86 tools, etc. Oh well, but at least it works now.

Many thanks goes out to iDeneb people, aqua-mac for the 9000 series package, NVDarwin pepole, and those of you who posted the steps above.

Cheers!

NOTE: iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 users. You will get this error when installing certain software down the line. "<Stand><Stand><CarbonLib><>" Go here for the simple and easy fix.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132410

if you have this notebook, did you get audio working? i think there is a alc889a in there but i'm not so sure and neither hdapatcher nor anything else worked so far...

• 1 month later...
it sounds like you have the acer notebook :)

i just installed ideneb 1.3 on this system. it has the nvidia 9600gt and the wifi 5100

i got the 9600gt working perfectly in 5 minutes. it was very easy. Just follow these instructions:

if you have this notebook, did you get audio working? i think there is a alc889a in there but i'm not so sure and neither hdapatcher nor anything else worked so far...

What about the Intell 5100 wifi driver. There is no mentioning about it .

Is it working on your laptop. If so could you upload the driver kext thanks.

I'm also sitting on the 5100 a/g/n card... It would be great if the Linux driver could provide some additional insight to the problems that are being experienced with the older Intel cards as well.

I am buying a USB adapter for the time being and we will see what comes of this.