lets find a solution to fix blank screen after sleep

xjust

12 posts in this topic

after i let the laptop idleing for a while the display goes to sleep mode even if its set to 'never' in system preferences.

i found a way to make it back online by connecting to the vnc on the laptop and changing the resolution to another one and back.

is there anyway to automate this process so it works all the time ?

thanks

Set the display to never sleep?

like i said its already set to 'never' sleep and still does it. pretty weird.

I think this is a nice patch to make the sleep work as well.

I made some progress and found an application "newscreen" compiled for leopard to change resolution from command line.

I would like some help in autorunning this two commands (change to another resolution/change to my resolution) so the display works well after sleep mode.

like i said its already set to 'never' sleep and still does it. pretty weird.

I think this is a nice patch to make the sleep work as well.

I made some progress and found an application "newscreen" compiled for leopard to change resolution from command line.

I would like some help in autorunning this two commands (change to another resolution/change to my resolution) so the display works well after sleep mode.

This is interesting. You can actually run a script after any system event, so I think it should be posible. I'll give it a try and post back ASAP.

Cheers,

- hecker

EDIT: I have put together a zip file with the files needed to implement this "fix" (Instructions inside).

Good luck!

WakeFix.zip

This is interesting. You can actually run a script after any system event, so I think it should be posible. I'll give it a try and post back ASAP.

Cheers,

- hecker

EDIT: I have put together a zip file with the files needed to implement this "fix" (Instructions inside).

Good luck!

I tried this to get my lappy to wake from sleep with no success, good idea though.

on wake as suggested by hecker in this post does not seem to work for the Dell screen problem. The reason being is the on wake program only works when the device wakes up from sleep. The Dell screen problem happens both when the screen goes blank and when returning from sleep too.

• 5 months later...

using the latest nvkush it seems to come back from sleep also the display settings seem to work now (no turn off if if set to never)

i was using a small shell cscreen script with quicksilver shortcut to run it in case the display went down :)