Which version to install?

wan3212

6 posts in this topic

What do you think is the best, most stable, most compatible version of leopard to install on my pc?

I'm trying to install leopard, and I dont know which version to install, 10.4.8, 10.5.3, 10.5.5?

Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6700

8GB Ram

8800GT SC

Thanks!

What do you think is the best, most stable, most compatible version of leopard to install on my pc?

I'm trying to install leopard, and I dont know which version to install, 10.4.8, 10.5.3, 10.5.5?

Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6700

8GB Ram

8800GT SC

Thanks!

What is your MOBO brand/model? Are you using a SATA or PATA HDD? Are you using SATA or PATA DVDRW? Are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard plus mouse? The kernel you need to choose along with the drivers to a large degree matters more than the version of OS X you install, although go for Leopard rather than Tiger if you are able..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for response...

IDE hdd, EVGA 650i Ultra Mobo, USB wireless kb, ps2 wireless mouse

Recommend you use USB keyboard AND USB mouse.......what about your DVDRW.....SATA or PATA (IDE)?

Since you have a nForce 650i chipset MOBO, suggest you look at my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread and my Kalyway 10.5.2 and other install guides in my blog....... :(

Thanks, I will

Fyi the DVDRW drive is SATA.

That is important as you may have to be prepared for getting a "still waiting for root device" error.......but let 's hope not...... :D