Cannot shutdown after getting ALC888 to work...

quis

21 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I've been trying to install Leopard on my computer for a good while because I'm using a MSI P43 board, and it's pretty hard to find people succedded in having done it before. I tried retail DVD+boot132 (found no compatible boot CD, failed), Kalyway(hung at the apple logo, failed), JaS 10.5.4(installation is ok, but my screen got scrambled after installing video driver, so I gave it up).

And finally I made it! I got the iDeneb 10.5.5 running on my hackintosh.

After several trials and failures, I also got my gigabyte 3870 fully supported (QE on, of course), and my ALC888 also sounded great!

Now there's only one question left... when I shutdown, it stuck and gave me a sweet greeting with four languages...(you know what I'm talking about :censored2: )

I've seen many people discussing this on lots of forums like here. But no solutions are mentioned except for two:

1.Someone said that you can logout first and it will shutdown well. However mine didn't.

2.I found a ALC882fix or something like that but after patching it I lost my sound again.

So I'm here again to ask all the geniuses here! Any possible solution?

My specs:

MSI P43NEO-f mobo (P43/ICH10)

Intel E7200 CPU

Gigabyte HD3870 DDR3 512mb

Thanks in advance!

Yeah already tried that... no luck.

Got kernel panic still.

I'm using tagura's 1.20 patcher and my own codec dumped from ubuntu.

A million percent sure that the problem is on the AppleHDA.kext.

And now there are only two options for me: sound, no shutdown, or shutdown, no sound..

How come no one has the same problem :wallbash: ??!!

So weird!!

Hi, I had installed for my ADI1988 the Rev3 and Rev4 Installer from Taruga, and it didn`t worked for me. Then i couldn`t shutdown - reboot worked.

I`ve installed again the "original" AppleHDA and the HDAEnabler, and shutdown worked again. Found the Link here. I think the 3rd or 4th post there, from a1k0n.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I have found is to use the Azalia pkg for the internal speakers and then the ALC888 for headphones from this page: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&hl=laptop

I can shutdown if I do that, but it's really annoying and would rather just use the Patcher and have it shutdown. I haven't tried the ALC268fix because the link is down.

The Azalia pkg doesn't work for me :(

Well after some trials, I still can't get this thru..

However I found that the AppleHDAController file in the AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS is the very file that cause all this.

If I replace it with the old one from the original AppleHDA, I can shutdown normally....... but with my sound lost AGAIN!!

Does anyone know how to edit this file??

Thx in advance.

i heard that ver1.20 causes error due to bugs, so i try 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, but none of them worked!

it seems that the only way to make audio work on my machine is applehdapatcher 1.20, which breaks my shutdown...

Does anyone know other way to enable ALC888 sound??

Well I seemed to fix my ALC888. I removed my ALCInject.kext and AppleHDA.kext and used the AppleHDA.kext from this thread (i think its the original 10.5.5 one). Then I tried using the Legacy AppleHDA's from this thread and Address 2 Beta V4 happened to work! The Internal Speakers/Headphones are flipped, but they both do work and so does shutdown. I just put those 3 Legacy Kexts from the download in my /System/Library/Extensions folder (the instructions are different). I'm not sure if these work for everyone, but they happened to work for me...

I am also have the same problem.

but now the problem is resolved, :D

with The King tutor for appleHda , alc888 now working without any shutdown problems.

but rather difficult to learn.....

Yeah it took me a good while to figure out what it's all about... :blink:

I followed the tutorial and modified my AppleHDA.kext(vanilla one), and also I installed HDAEnabler.kext, still no sound at all...

Is there any other file that has to be mod?

Can you post your kext so that I can see what I did wrong?

Thx for letting me know anyway!

Well I seemed to fix my ALC888. I removed my ALCInject.kext and AppleHDA.kext and used the AppleHDA.kext from this thread (i think its the original 10.5.5 one). Then I tried using the Legacy AppleHDA's from this thread and Address 2 Beta V4 happened to work! The Internal Speakers/Headphones are flipped, but they both do work and so does shutdown. I just put those 3 Legacy Kexts from the download in my /System/Library/Extensions folder (the instructions are different). I'm not sure if these work for everyone, but they happened to work for me...

I've tried the LegacyHDA long ago...

In fact, the only solution to my sound need this too! I have to install HDAEnabler, two LegacyHDA kexts, and then apply AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 then there would be sound...of course no shutdown.

Thx for answering.

I heard that MSI mobos are really hard to deal with, now I know it by myself!! Should have bought a Gigabyte or ASUS one...

Ahhhh solutions!! Anyone??

In fact admezor mentioned this on the 5th post, and no, at least not working on my machine.

Things are getting even worse now...

After trying some other ways but still no luck, I think I'll just use my original method to get my sound back first and wait till a solution is there.

And it failed me.

What the... Now I get no sound at all!!

Mac, I'm telling you..it's not funny!!

:)