Install sits at the language screen, and will not go forward

pattyo182

3 posts in this topic

I have a dell inspiron 1521, it has an amd with sse3 support. I'm using the kalyway 10.5.2 image. The install is very slow and hangs up on the language screen, it has been at the language screen for 2 hours now and still hasn't moved. It isn't frozen cause the beachball thingy is still spinning. Has anyone had this problem? sorry for the noob-ness....

Try this...

1. Insert the Kalyway Disk into ur DVD-Drive and boot from it...Basically just put in the installation disk.

2. Goto Disk Utility, select ur disk and click on Repair Permissions

3. Exit and restart without the DVD...

See if this works...worked for me when my installation used to go around in infinite loops between language and importing other settings..

Thanks Manek, but I don't have the looping problem.

I think the reason I'm getting stuck at the language screen is cause I'm getting a read only file system error, among other things...

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.
Jettisoning kernel linker
Resetting IOCatalogue.
Matching service count = 0
Oct 28 18:14:34 localhost kextd[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data generation
Oct 28 18:15:02 localhost DirectoryService[53]: Launched version 5.2 (v514.4)
CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid page: p=41[configd] clearing CS_VALID
4.80.79.0NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].
NTFS volume name , version 3.1

I think that is why I get stuck at the language screen.

1) As far as the firewire error goes, its ok cause I do not have a firewire port on my computer.

2) The "root filesystem is read-only" error is what I don't get, I have researched and researched and still can't get it right. I first tried all the normal commands, -x -v etc., with no luck. Since it says NTFS volume name later, it leads me to believe that the problem is with the hard drive. Obviously osx cannot be installed on a NTFS partition, so I tried to use rd=disk0s1 to send it to the partition I am installing on that osx can read and write to cause it is FAT32, and still no luck.

I don't have a problem formatting the whole drive HFS+, should I do this and then attempt to install? If so, how do I go about doing this if I can't even get to the osx installer? Will this fix the problem?

I don't see why I have this error, I have an IDE controler, not SATA. I don't get it.

I have also tried several releases that are all AMD compatible, JaS 10.5.2, Kalyway 10.5.2, and Ideneb 10.5.5; they all give the same errors.

I've been working at this for days now and can't get it. Others have installed Lepoard on Inspiron 1521's and got them working 100%. Here's my hardware if it helps...

-Dell Inspiron 1521

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core TK-53, sse3 compatible

-ATI Radeon X1270

-1GB Ram

-TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462D ATA

If anyone could help me out, it would be appriciated. Also I just want to say that I've been searching these boards quite a bit and this community is very nice compared to the other boards I have been on. Thanks for the help!