Pimp My Mac(tel)

seano

46 posts in this topic

Thought I might start a thread to show off your boxes running OS X.

Mine here, poor images, cause I used phone camera in a poorly lit room... I will post some more once I grab my house mates digicam :D

Specs: (see sig) - added new case, a cold cathode, and some LED fans.... :( I have to do a little cable management, but i rang out of cable ties!

post-24679-1143580919_thumb.jpg

post-24679-1143580939_thumb.jpg

post-24679-1143580998_thumb.jpg

Here's mine...

post-22994-1143585489_thumb.jpg

post-22994-1143585550_thumb.jpg

Whaddya think? :D

P.S. All taken on my phone, so... please excuse the fuzzyness at full resolution....

Those are Cellphone photos! :D There pretty good quality for cellhone photos!

Awesome system SABR!

I'd post mine, but my camera's xd card broke!

Finally tracked down my Old crappy little HP camera!

Here's a pic of my Hackintel! I've dubbed him MACGuyver!

Spec are in my Sig!

post-21896-1143595585_thumb.jpg

NOTE: The Dance Pad in the pic works perfectly in OSx86!

I'll try to get some better pics later!

Those are Cellphone photos! :) There pretty good quality for cellhone photos!

Awesome system SABR!

I'd post mine, but my camera's xd card broke!

Thanks...

The camera is a 1.3 megapixel, on a Nokia 6630. It's an alright phone I guess.

i do not like these casemods - go and delete OS X from your PC and put some windows on it to run 3D Mark XXXX ;-) ... just my two cents ....... :-)

Show us your case then... :)

Show us your case then...

IM000073.jpg

the black MS mouse is replaced by a white wireless one - oh well, and i have cleaned my desk ;-)

the mac mini is used as media center (connected to my tv), powered by an ATI Remote Wonder (16€ at ebay).

however, nothing is modded (just overclocked - mac mini 1,25@1.,50GHz ;-)), so it does not rellay fit in this topic ;-)

the x86 OS X machine is a MSI MPC 915, 1GB of RAM 80GB Samsung HD GMA900/x500 PCI-E and a P4 630 (3GHz) - runs quite well, all hardware is supported, and even the card reader does work! :-)

btw: i like the G5 case :-)

Thanks for the nice reactions

The case it self costed 45 euro (+/-54 dollar).I bought it form a reseller. The other things such as CCFLs, Fans costed about 50 euro (+/-60dollar). So that's 95 euro intotal wish is about 110 Dollar.

Thanks for the nice reactions

The case it self costed 45 euro (+/-54 dollar).I bought it form a reseller. The other things such as CCFLs, Fans costed about 50 euro (+/-60dollar). So that's 95 euro intotal wish is about 110 Dollar.

Haha!! I was $2 out!! :dev:

Some of these mods are pretty sweet, especially the one by JasonT1701, nice work man. They are all nice for windows boxes but I'm sort of upset by the lack of mac themed modding. Just adding an etched in apple logo on that acrylic case would take it one step further. I'm not saying I'm a great modder by any means, just expected something else from this topic. I expect my new case soon, if I get a chance to break out the dremel and mod it, i'll post the images here, hopefully without being flamed in the mean time from my expectations.

On a UPS truck, somewhere in the midwest...

Asus P5LD2-VM (integrated GMA950 w/ ALC882 Audio)

Pentium 4 630HT Prescott 3.0Ghz (single core)

Corsair XMS PC-5400 DDR2 675 (2x512)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB SATA 3.0Gb/s

NEC 16x DVDR ND-3550A

Antec Minuet 300 mATX Slim Case

Some of these mods are pretty sweet, especially the one by JasonT1701, nice work man. They are all nice for windows boxes but I'm sort of upset by the lack of mac themed modding. Just adding an etched in apple logo on that acrylic case would take it one step further. I'm not saying I'm a great modder by any means, just expected something else from this topic. I expect my new case soon, if I get a chance to break out the dremel and mod it, i'll post the images here, hopefully without being flamed in the mean time from my expectations.

Yeah, some more mods would be great, but sadly I'm unable to do any right now. :D

I'll do some stuff once I get past all of my personal troubles.

One thing I'm looking into is getting an old DEC MicroVAX II case.

Picture of similar case.

post-21896-1144122156_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I can work out all of the problems involved with getting the case!

Yeah, some more mods would be great, but sadly I'm unable to do any right now. :(

I'll do some stuff once I get past all of my personal troubles.

One thing I'm looking into is getting an old DEC MicroVAX II case.

Picture of similar case.

Hopefully I can work out all of the problems involved with getting the case!

Why is the word 'Micro' in the name of that case?!? It's the same size as my mini fridge holding the beer in my living room! Just think, you could rig that thing to run mac osx and hold a 6pack for you while you tinker with the os...