Newbie - How to backup drive of fresh install?

npereira

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm VERY new to osx... I finaly got my install working correctly so far, only thing left is confirm the audio (ALC888) but it does not work on the HD output (can someone help with that?).

My question is what is the proper way to backup a install to an external e-Sata drive so that if something happens, I can quickly boot with the Kalyway disc, start Disk Util and restore the backup?

Thanks for the help.

Hi

I had exactly the same problem, but after some extensive searching I found this thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...hp/t109102.html

And look in the

A SMALL GUIDE FOR PEOPLE TO TEST DIFFERENT STUFFS W/O BRICKING THE SYSTEM BEFORE MAKING IT MAIN STREAM:

section in the first post

Works great for me. I use OSx86 tools to install the EFIv8 boot loader on an external drive.

Paul

a

Hi all,

I'm VERY new to osx... I finaly got my install working correctly so far, only thing left is confirm the audio (ALC888) but it does not work on the HD output (can someone help with that?).

My question is what is the proper way to backup a install to an external e-Sata drive so that if something happens, I can quickly boot with the Kalyway disc, start Disk Util and restore the backup?

Thanks for the help.

hi - when you connect your external drive you should get a screen message asking if you want to use the drive as backup - if you select yes you should be able to backup with time machine. As I recall you will need an ethernet connection for TM to backup correctly - take a look and follow the instructions. The sound problem I think is quite common - search the forum a little more.........