[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

IDT APPLE HDA PATCH GUIDE

EDIT: NOV 18, 2008

EDIT: Sorry ive been away for very long :)! Looks like the community is making progress! I hope this guide has helped you guys :S i tried my best :P.

EDIT: pin config guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137188

After months of waiting idt sound devices finally work in osx! Use this guide to get your specific codec to work :P.

First lets thank AREOS for his work on getting applehda working for idt in general!

Alright lets start first delete your existing applehda.kext from your extensions folder and use the one provided below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156240562/AppleHDA.kext.zip

download and install HDAenabler so AppleHDA will load :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/156340359/HDAEnabler.kext.zip

now to edit the kext...

Step 1: Codec device id

if your codec is different from the one provided by AREOS you must adjust the applehda binary, the controller plist and the platform plist. to do this you need your specific device id. so once you get your device id compare it with AREOS.

ex. AREOS device id = 0x111D76B0 my device id = 0x111D76B2

now u must convert this hex id to decimal form.

use osx calculator to do so. here is what i got:

ex. AREOS dev id (decimal) = 287143600 my dev id (decimal) = 287143602

Step 2: Edit Binary

ok to edit the apple hda binary u need to first download hexedit (a program for osx to edit binary files).

once you have downloaded hexedit open up your applehda.kext/contents/macos/applehda with it.

in the hex file there are two device ids you have to adjust

search the hex for “B0761D11”. you should find two instances of these hex numbers.

as you can notice the bytes are flipped ie. B0761D11 = 111D76B0

in the two instances you find in the binary, type in the appropriate device id for your card.

Step 3: Edit Platform Plist

Open AppleHDA.kext/contents/info.plist...

edit codecID so it is the device id (decimal form).

ex. CodecID = 2871433602

Step 4: Edit Controller Plist

Open AppleHDA.kext/contents/plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/contents/info.plist

Edit IOPCIPrimaryMatch with your HD audio controller.

Mine is Intel Audio Controller 0x293e8086

ex. IOPCIPrimaryMatch = 0x293e8086

Under HDAConfigDefault edit the codec id again (decimal form)

ex. CodecID = 2871433602

MAKE SURE TO USE HDAENABLER.KEXT NOT ALCINJECT SO APPLEHDA LOADS! :D

Heres were it can get difficult...

if your loaded applehda doesnt work after this you might have to fill in the ConfigData in your controller plist.

follow this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137188

• Like 2

Great guide, glad to see progress for us IDT guys.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get working sound here with an IDT 92HD73C1X5

VenID 0x111d7675 and Intel HD audio 8086284b.

No new audio device in Sys Profiler after installing.

Could the PinConfig still be the problem in this scenerio, if so I eagerly await your PinConfig guide.

Is yours 92HD71B7? Cause my devid is also 111d76b2

Do you need alcinject.kext? will you plz post one here cuz my audio still doesn't work w/o that

I added ALCinject but still doesn't work. System Profiler said that AppleHDA and AppleHDAController are loaded but ALCinject is not

And when use verbose mode booting, the message "AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property" showed 3 times.

Great guide, glad to see progress for us IDT guys.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get working sound here with an IDT 92HD73C1X5

VenID 0x111d7675 and Intel HD audio 8086284b.

No new audio device in Sys Profiler after installing.

Could the PinConfig still be the problem in this scenerio, if so I eagerly await your PinConfig guide.

Sorry i should have mentioned this but use HDAenabler.kext instead of ALCInject.kext

thx but still no luck.

mine is idt 92hd71b7, devid 111d76b2

hda controller nVidia HDMI @ intel 82801ib ich9, devid 000610de

no error msgs in verbose mode and system profiler loaded the audio controller as a intel one

but there are no audio devices in system pref

I previously had HDAenabler installed and I don't have ALCinject installed.

For the sake of clarity, can you confirm this example from above is written correctly:

B0761D11 = 111D76B0

It just appears random, like some are reversed while others are not (76). Just making sure.

thx but still no luck.

mine is idt 92hd71b7, devid 111d76b2

hda controller nVidia HDMI @ intel 82801ib ich9, devid 000610de

no error msgs in verbose mode and system profiler loaded the audio controller as a intel one

but there are no audio devices in system pref

i see what your problem is. your audio controller dev id is wrong. and intel ich9 audio controller will have a dev id ending in 8086.

ex. mine is 0x293e8086

your guna love this but i think u have the exact same setup as me lol try my kext with my pinconfig in it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156344109/111D...pleHDA.kext.zip

I previously had HDAenabler installed and I don't have ALCinject installed.

For the sake of clarity, can you confirm this example from above is written correctly:

It just appears random, like some are reversed while others are not (76). Just making sure.

yea i believe it written correctly 111D76B0 becomes ---> B0761D11

i think your confused because they arent really reversed but really they are paired up and then they places are flipped.

its hard to explain :unsure:

RaidenII: nVidia HDMI @ intel 82801ib ich9, devid 000610de is not HDA controller. It's another Audio Card play through HDMI interface. We are still waiting for its driver.

The HDA controller is base on your mainboard. Mine is the same as Sabre18's -- 293e8086, it's intel's bus. I guess you have the same. However, I just ignored it -- I don't need to edit it. I only edited

"Under HDAConfigDefault edit the codec id again (decimal form)

ex. CodecID = 2871433602"

Here I am :angel:

mb5500: It's not random. It reads in this way: Dev ID (B0 76) -- Vender ID (1D 11). In some system it will be translate into Vender ID -- Dev ID.

RaidenII: nVidia HDMI @ intel 82801ib ich9, devid 000610de is not HDA controller. It's another Audio Card play through HDMI interface. We are still waiting for its driver.

The HDA controller is base on your mainboard. Mine is the same as Sabre18's -- 293e8086, it's intel's bus. I guess you have the same. However, I just ignored it -- I don't need to edit it. I only edited

"Under HDAConfigDefault edit the codec id again (decimal form)

ex. CodecID = 2871433602"

Here I am :angel:

mb5500: It's not random. It reads in this way: Dev ID (B0 76) -- Vender ID (1D 11). In some system it will be translate into Vender ID -- Dev ID.

okay mine is 293e8086 but still doesn't work.

btw, the system profiler said I have a "Intel HDA" which devid is 103c3603 but the available device is blank. what does that mean?

By the way, Thank you a lot Sabres18!

your very welcome! im workin on the pinconfig guide because i believe this will solve all of your problems :P

okay mine is 293e8086 but still doesn't work.

btw, the system profiler said I have a "Intel HDA" which devid is 103c3603 but the available device is blank. what does that mean?

that is your subsystem device id. looks like u need your pinconfig because of the blank screen:S i will do my best to get the guide done :angel:

you got urs working?

Yeah. Just followed Sabres18's instruction and used his decoder ID. That's all.

Did you download the Hexedit and use it to edit the "applehda" per his instruction? I guess it's the difficult part.

By the way. My notebook is HP Pavilion HDX16. It should somehow have similiar configuration with DV5 or DV7.

Yeah. Just followed Sabres18's instruction and used his decoder ID. That's all.

Did you download the Hexedit and use it to edit the "applehda" per his instruction? I guess it's the difficult part.

By the way. My notebook is HP Pavilion HDX16. It should somehow have similiar configuration with DV5 or DV7.

I did exactly as what he told and I used his kexts but still no luck. I don't know why.

Wait, did you choose to install any audio drivers during ideneb installation?

I did not choose anything and maybe that's the reason?

If so, need i reinstall that or just download the driver from somewhere?

I did exactly as what he told and I used his kexts but still no luck. I don't know why.

Wait, did you choose to install any audio drivers during ideneb installation?

I did not choose anything and maybe that's the reason?

If so, need i reinstall that or just download the driver from somewhere?

You either have made a small mistake along the way or you need u need your ConfigData. Audio drivers from your ideneb install will not help you. if you want send me your audio info and i can patch it for you or check the one over that you already patched.

Hey guys, I just got myself a brand new HP DV7-1090ed and have been playing with osx86 on it for the past few days, sound working would be great, but how do I find my device id when it's not displayed in System Profiler? It doesn't display anything there. I also tried to find with OSX86 tool, but that program won't work.

You either have made a small mistake along the way or you need u need your ConfigData. Audio drivers from your ideneb install will not help you. if you want send me your audio info and i can patch it for you or check the one over that you already patched.

What should I send to you and how should i get it?

Moreover, my computer couldn't shutdown properly after these kexts installed.

Hey guys, I just got myself a brand new HP DV7-1090ed and have been playing with osx86 on it for the past few days, sound working would be great, but how do I find my device id when it's not displayed in System Profiler? It doesn't display anything there. I also tried to find with OSX86 tool, but that program won't work.

you need to get a linux codec dump for your audio codec.

What should I send to you and how should i get it?

Moreover, my computer couldn't shutdown properly after these kexts installed.

send your stuff to age_sabres18@hotmail.com and shutdown doesnt work because this kext is out of date compared to 10.5.5.