AR5BXB6-M... help!

nitsujvg

2 posts in this topic

Alright. So i've been reading around here a lot, and been able to figure out how to set up most of my hackintosh.

I have my hd audio, graphics, both cores working, two finger scrolling, even my ipod touch syncs with it.

however i have NO internet. i know my wired ethernet isnt working because its a marvell 8040..

i originally had a 4965 BGN intel wireless card, which i swapped out for the macbook pro's atheros ar5bxb6. It didn't work, so i tried the other two mini pci-express slots, and still nothing. thinking i had a bad card, i bought another, and same issue.

do i need to reinstall fresh for osx to detect my card? am i doing something wrong?

i'm triple booting, and it detects/works just fine in linux and windows xp. but mac doesn't see it at all. and it should be compatible as it came right out of a real macbook...

help?

thanks.

p.s. running kalyway 10.5.2

• 1 year later...
Alright. So i've been reading around here a lot, and been able to figure out how to set up most of my hackintosh.

I have my hd audio, graphics, both cores working, two finger scrolling, even my ipod touch syncs with it.

however i have NO internet. i know my wired ethernet isnt working because its a marvell 8040..

i originally had a 4965 BGN intel wireless card, which i swapped out for the macbook pro's atheros ar5bxb6. It didn't work, so i tried the other two mini pci-express slots, and still nothing. thinking i had a bad card, i bought another, and same issue.

do i need to reinstall fresh for osx to detect my card? am i doing something wrong?

i'm triple booting, and it detects/works just fine in linux and windows xp. but mac doesn't see it at all. and it should be compatible as it came right out of a real macbook...

help?

thanks.

p.s. running kalyway 10.5.2

Sometimes this card doesn't work OOB, but dont worry it's easy to fix :(

Just go to this guide here

Let me know how you get on :D