[Done] Mac mini c2d

Guest shootersanks

2 posts in this topic

Guest shootersanks

******I've gotten what I need, thanks for all your help guys*********

I'm looking for a mini thats got a core 2 duo and a super drive. Looking to spend $500 or $550, but i might be willing to go a little higher. I know I'm asking for a lot of computer for a small price, but I just saw one sell on here for $500 that I was too slow on finding. I appreciate anything you guys have to offer. thanks.

Minis have great prospects. You can upgrade the CPU (recent Core 2 Duo), ram (2 or 3 gb 667mhz) and hard drive (use 7200 or 10000 rpm hard drive on Sata bus externally with a male to female Sata cable or 2 Sata cables and a male to male coupler. Most people power them with an external hard drive case. Then replace the little fan and the plastic housing that holds it with a 120mm or 140mm fan running at 5 or 7 volts (very quiet). The ultimate cooling adventure would be to replace that ridiculous heat sink with perhaps a chipset or video card one. Then with a fan running slow you would have silence at very low heat. The temperatures from all the sensors will drop considerably. I have the coolest Mini in existence. Of course you use the DVD drive on the firewire bus. The stock one is expensive and not as reliable as a typical DVD burner from a PC. Hope that helps all you Mac Mini prospective customers that don't want to bother with OSX86 that don't need the speed of a more traditional computer.