SpeedStep for Tiger without EFI

Slice

6 posts in this topic

It needs EFI to get the FSB frequency for clock recalibration, or converting FID to frequency in MHz and some other things. There are other ways to get FSB but it's not accurate enough, and I don't have the time/need/motivation to support the kext on non-EFI or Tiger platforms. Source is open, people are welcome to contribute. Or send me €€ and I'll implement the features of your choice :)

It needs EFI to get the FSB frequency for clock recalibration, or converting FID to frequency in MHz and some other things. There are other ways to get FSB but it's not accurate enough, and I don't have the time/need/motivation to support the kext on non-EFI or Tiger platforms. Source is open, people are welcome to contribute. Or send me €€ and I'll implement the features of your choice :D

Thanks for explanation. I will try. I can inject FSB by info.plist. Other problems?

If you want to know you driver works almost fine for Core2Duo T8300 but give me low frequency 800MHz while Windows said that minimum is 1200.

Thanks for explanation. I will try. I can inject FSB by info.plist. Other problems?

If you want to know you driver works almost fine for Core2Duo T8300 but give me low frequency 800MHz while Windows said that minimum is 1200.

Assuming your FSB is 200 MHz, 1200 is ordinarily the minimum. I've added support for low-frequency mode, it works on some and doesn't work for others..

Yes you can use info.plist to set the FSB. Check the init() or start() functions in the source for example of reading values from the Info.plist.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I´m also very interested in this kext, because I wanna do some undervolting. Unfortunately I´m also running Tiger on a non EFI system, because my Acer TM292Lmi won´t run Leopard ootb....but I´m no coder, so keep up the good work :huh: I appreciate it!