How To: Intel865 Qe, Screen Size, Refresh

JaS

10 posts in this topic

ok everyone as you know we are all working on this and this is a dev system so there will be changes and updates to how we get things working ..

and thats what ive done

i reinstalled (dd'ed) the image and started fresh

when i first tried to boot i get the squares and all so what you do is

just reboot it with the options -v -f afew times till it catches the files correctly

it will.give it afew tries

once you get into the o/s go to about this mac--> more info --> Graphics/displays

if it caught the kext correctly you should have QE already but cant change the rez and refresh

if you dont have QE Supported try this

get the appleintel830.kext from /system/library/extensions and drop it in our desktop so you can work on it.right click on it and do show package contents

right click on the info.plist and open with --> other and browse to textedit and open the file

look for this<string>AppleIntel830GLDriver</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOAccelerator</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x25728086</string>

and edit the line <string>0x25728086</string> to your device id you can get your device id from the system profiler

then do

code

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel830.kext/

then

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel830.kext/

get the appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext and put it in your desktop

right click on it and do show package contents

right click on the info.plist and open with --> other and browse to textedit and open the file

look for this <string>AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOFramebuffer</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x25728086</string>

and edit the line <string>0x25728086</string> to your device id you can get your device id from the system profiler

then do

code

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext/

then

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext/

and reboot and you shoulld be able to change screen rez and refresh rate and also have QE Support

(a sidenote it is no longer necessary to copy the appleintel915 driver and rename it to appleintel830 and replace the original one with this method)

JaS: if i read right, then people with a 2572 (like me) shouldnt have to do anything, because the 2572 is already in there. But it doesnt work here.

So i cant be a garanty that it works for other people if they change the id's

JaS: if i read right, then people with a 2572 (like me) shouldnt have to do anything, because the 2572 is already in there. But it doesnt work here.

So i cant be a garanty that it works for other people if they change the id's

do you a a genuine intel mobo

im starting to think that making the diffrance

i have a intel865gbf

3 ghz prescott 1mb l2

and yes QE works out of the box for me now if i oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i bet i know

you have to do a fresh dd without the other vid card intalled

thats what was f*ckin me up before when i did the install without the ati 9600 in i got QE qithout the tricks

JaS; i DD'ed with intel onboard active (but let my 6600gt in the comp) and now it worked without patchig or editing anything, dont know how long it wil last.

Maybe if i boot with the 6600gt active that its gone give problems but i am not gone try that :-)

Had some problems with applying the maxxuss patch 0.4 that never gave any problems. Ha dto start in -x before it worked, never had any problems before...

i have a 0x35828086 adapter (intel 865) and the above method does not work for me.I either get a blue screen with or without a mouse.Everything loads fine but i get no gfx,

Also looks like that the GA driver is trying to load the DVD driver.Which i dont have.Ill check on the Dev DVD for this file and it it works with it,ill be as happy as a puppy :)

JaS; i DD'ed with intel onboard active (but let my 6600gt in the comp) and now it worked without patchig or editing anything, dont know how long it wil last.

Maybe if i boot with the 6600gt active that its gone give problems but i am not gone try that :-)

Had some problems with applying the maxxuss patch 0.4 that never gave any problems. Ha dto start in -x before it worked, never had any problems before...

good job :D

good job  :)

Yeah great it worked one day :huh: than it hangs at the grey apple screen, boot with the 6600gt without QE. The unny thing is that sometimes i try agian and agian and sometimes it doesnt hang so i have QE. But the next boot its gone. Havent found a system in it yet. ;)

Yeah great it worked one day  ;) than it hangs at the grey apple screen, boot with the 6600gt without QE. The unny thing is that sometimes i try agian and agian and sometimes it doesnt hang so i have QE. But the next boot its gone. Havent found a system in it yet. :D

Sorry to hear that.I dont have that problem its just working now ... but im over the QE anyway im working on trying to get ati drivers going so that will be my focus now.Quicktime plays movies full screen with my ati 9600 (plays mpeg)

and theres no skipping so i can watch them while i work on the drivers,should help pass the time